Chapter 3 - Splash of Blue

*~Keith's Point of View~*

They finally arrived at the Counselor's Office. Luckily for them, the line had shortened and in no time, they all got their roommates and room numbers. Pidge got a person named Allura, who is apparently the vice president of the Student Council. Hunk got Lance, though Keith didn't know who the hell that was, but they said he'd meet him later.

When it was Keith's turn, he was surprised by who his roommate was going to be. Right beside him, Shiro grinned happily. He patted Keith on the shoulder, making the raven haired male jump.

"Apparently we're going to be roommates for the whole year! What a coincidence." He said, awfully content with having Keith as his roommate. On the other hand, said male was so nervous that he thought he might puke. Having the Student Council president as his roommate right off the bat? That was awfully nerve racking. And quite a cliché for a romance novel that revolves around highschool or college students.

But other than that, he was actually glad. Shiro was a nice guy and could probably help him in a subject he's struggling in. And that thought eased Keith's mind a bit. Maybe this was good, after all.

The only struggle, their room was on the fourth floor, making Keith groan. He'd have to climb three flights of stairs just to reach their room. Plus, it's the first day and carrying his luggage there would be a challenge.

This time, Hunk was there to pat him on the shoulder. "It's alright, Keith! I'll help you bring your luggage later." He offered, giving him a big smile. Keith looked at him, surprised. He was about to protest when Pidge spoke up from her game.

"I'm starving. Let's just go get Lance and get something to eat." She said, never taking her eyes of her phone.

"Pidge's right," Shiro agreed. "I bet he's at the swimming pool. Typical Lance to be there at the start of the school year."

Keith was beginning to become curious about this particular Lance. He seems to be one of the important aspects in their group. Well, at least that's what he thought.

He tapped on Shiro's arm as they walked, the sound of metal suddenly making him jump and back away. The taller male noticed and chuckled. He rolled up his sleeve, revealing a metal arm.

"Haha, I lost my actual arm in an accident. So, I got this metal prosthetic in exchange. It still pretty hard to move it sometimes, considering I only got this last year." Shiro said, sadness across his face.

Keith decided not to push anything farther and kept walking. Soon enough, they were out of the building and headed towards to what looks like a swimming pool. The group had smiles planted on their faces as they entered the entrance.

The raven haired male closed his eyes. Maybe this Lance was one of their most important friends? They all looked happy to see him. Opening his eyes, he saw bright light as they walked right into it, the sound of somebody yelling fairly distant.

And then suddenly, a splash followed right after.

Right after opening his eyes, Keith was shocked to see a breathtaking scene before him. Around him was a vibrant and colorful environment. The trees with their beautiful green hue, the water reflecting the eye-catching blue color of the sky, even Shiro and the others were radiant with the colors on their clothes.

Then he saw him.

Freestyling his way to the end of the swimming pool, was a boy with tanned skin and short brown hair. His eyes were covered with goggles so Keith couldn't identify them. But the way his body moved was almost inhuman. He swam so fast! He arrived back to his starting point in a matter of seconds and gasped for air.

Keith felt something drip from his face. He was guessing it was from the splash of water earlier. But he was still shocked. This feeling...

It was identical to the one he had when he met the boy from the side of the street.

He held his breath. Could it really be him? What if his mind was playing tricks on him and this was just a guy identical to him. That could be it. But how did it explain the burst of color around him?

The boy lifted himself off the pool and stood up, stretching a bit before facing the group's direction. His face beamed as he took off his goggles, giving Keith shivers.

Ocean blue eyes. It was definitely him.

Keith couldn't believe it. He watched as the boy headed over to their direction, giving a warm hello to everyone.

"Hey Hunk! Shiro! Pidge! Aaaand..." He directed his eyes towards Keith, who stared back at him. Taking a step forward, they both had a staring contest in silence. Then all of a sudden, he pointed a finger at him accusingly.

"GUYS! Don't tell me you replaced me! I'm waaaay better than this guy! I mean, look! He has a mullet! I'm way better good-looking than him! C'mon guys, can you guys just explain this to me!" He complained.

All of a sudden, Keith wasn't awestruck anymore. More likely, he was annoyed. Well, looks like he wasted his time staring at another guy.

"You barely even know me..." Keith mumbled to himself. Shiro laughed a bit. "Lance, we're not replacing you. He's Keith, and he'll be an addition to our group." He explained.

Lance looked back at Keith, squinting his eyes before holding out his hand. "I'm Lance McClain, the most awesome and handsome guy you'll ever meet. And you are...?"

The raven haired male hesitated a bit before taking his hand and shaking it. "Keith Kogane, foreign exchange student. Nice to meet you." He said, forcing the words out.

Oh boy, this will be hard.