Chapter 4 : What?

We finally find the library, realising we came close to it several times over. I trail behind him as he was trying to find something or other, no idea as to what. Whatever it was he gave up quickly and we sat down at the nearest table. The chair screeched along the floor, and I gulped as I sat down. Analysing the situation. That I, (Y/N) Lockwood is sitting at a table ,out of choice (the most important factor), with Draco Malfoy. The boy that had called me a mudblood since the day we met.

I cough before speaking "Malfoy, why the hell are you taking an interest in me now?"

He answered with a small sigh

"You-you've hated me all this time and now this? What-why-what?!" I blurted out

No answer again, until I stand up to leave "wait" he sighs (again) and grabs my wrist (also again)

"What?" I scoff

"I-I um" he gulps "I-I-I like you"

I look at the floor and awkwardly move my foot "well, um"

He laughed to break the tension "um, don't leave me hanging"

"I-i like you too, I guess" I stutter

Did I actually just say that?? I don't know whether it's because I do like him or I was to perform the most evil prank for a teenage boys mindset

"But why" I ask, practically inaudible "why have you treated me like this"

"Because, I've been taught that love is a weak emotion. The only way I know how to express it is through the way I do. I don't know how this works"

•EARLIER THAT DAY : DRACO•

I was sat in our new common room when Blaise and Goyle game in screaming about something or other, quickly realising it was about me. I shot my head round to look at them both with a cold stare "what's that?"

"Oh, you and golden girl" blaise sniggers

"Who??"

"Oh, you know. Lockwood. You both in detention together, must of been heaven"

"I don't know what you're on about but whatever it is it's pure bullshit" I spit, spinning back around

"Whatever you say Malfoy, whatever you say" he trailed off up the stairs, making kissing noises. Child

Do You like her?
No, what the
Yes you do Draco you know it
Shut up, snap out of it
you do
I do....

•BACK TO NORMAL TIME•

"Well, that makes sense. I guess" I say, still not giving any eye contact

He approached me and lightly kissed my hand and whispered "bye" before leaving. I leave after he's out of sight, so it didn't look suspicious of us leaving together

I get back into the girls dorm to see an infuriated Hermione pacing back and forth with a red envelope with an outstretched white letter. She shakes her hand, pointing to an identical letter on my bed. I open it and it is some sort of detention slip. It reads all the 'offences' that I've made. I feel the heat rising in my body "W-what is this??"