Chapter 7: Comfort

I stand up to leave, hopping over the bench my feet clattering to the floor. I put my hand firm on the handle of the door before saying "like I said, my parents are dead and I won't see them again. A bit like how you won't see me again" I pull the door open so quick I catch myself off guard and I run. Just run. To no where in particular but I run. My calves burn so I reduce my pace to walking. It felt good, I was tempted to keep running. To go past the point of pain and back into my comfort zone again. Just feeling nothing, almost like both legs had gone completely numb. But I look in one of the classroom windows and I see Lachlan. I wait to make eye contact with him and usher him to come outside. I heard a muffled "can I be excused?" And a chair scrape along the floor. The door clicks open and he smiles, and it drops when he sees my expression "what's up, Ivy what's up?"

"Shush" I hug him tight. He doesn't question it and hugs me back with his long arms around me. I press my chest up against his like it would be the last thing I did. I liked the connection that me and him had, considering we've only just met. It breaks my heart to think that I'm going in a weeks time. I'd told him stuff that people I've known for years don't even know, I trust him immensely "Look, I'll be going next week back home and I need you to know something"

"Ivy..."

"My parents, my parents are gone. Can you stay with me so I won't be alone?"

"Of course I will, of course" he goes back to hug me but whispers "there's a blonde boy staring at us" breaking the current moment we was having

I turn around and there Malfoy is staring at us intensely, approaching us. He looked angry, but hurt. Which to be fair is pathetic, I just hugged my friend. By this point he's stood by my side, and I smile at him as if I've done nothing wrong (which I haven't). He wraps his arm around my waist and glares at Lachlan. This is slightly uncomfortable. "Who's this?" He asked

"It's Lachlan, Lachlan this is Draco"

Lachlan smiles and puts his hand out intended for him to shake it, Draco being Draco he doesn't. His face drops and he shoves his hand in his pocket, clearly feeling awkward. I slap Draco's arm as if to say "drop the act, calm down" and he rolls his eyes ignoring me.

"I better be getting back to lesson, bye" he gives a small smile, one of those where you see someone you know across the hall but not enough to say hi. He hesitates to open the door, as if he was going to turn back around and say something. He walks in and the door clicking fills the air. Until I start screaming at Draco that is.

"What was that about?!" I half yell, half whisper

"He was making a move on you!" He replied with the same tone

"He was comforting me you bloody idiot!" I say slapping his chest. He grumbles, but he pulls me into his chest and strokes my hair. I could feel his warm breath and somehow it made me break down. I think it just reminded me of the hugs my mother gives, then being reminded she's gone. I'll never see her again. Not living anyway. His softness that no one would expect shows and comforts me

(A/N : Sorry for the short chapter annnddd for not updating in a while. I've had a lot going on including exams so I've been revising for those and family things. But, somehow, we've hit 200! That's so amazing thank you all for supporting my not-uploading ass! I love you all!💓)