⋘o04⋙

Morning came yet again, but this time Blake didn't have to leave at a certain time and miss breakfast. She was driving herself. Thank God for that.

After her breakfast and finishing her coffee, Blake went back into her room were she reached for a thinner, hoodie and pulled it on over her old white tee with a flag on the back that had big black letters over it saying 'Southern Girl'. Today she also decided to go with her cowboy boots and a pair of jeans that flared out at the bottom so they covered her boots.

She then dug through her purse for her wallet and keys, double checking that she had all that she needed before petting Valeera, turning off the light in her room and then heading back into the kitchen.

In the kitchen, Blake made a quick strawberry banana smoothie, collected a few granola bars and made sure to clean up after herself before she headed out the front door to where her car sat waiting outside in the side of the house.

She unlocked the car, as well as made sure to check the backseat, and then got in and started it up. While the car warmed up, she placed her wallet and bars in the center console and buckled herself in as well as plugging in her phone so that she could use it for the GPS navigation system. Since yesterday had been her first day to Pine Hallow, and she spent the majority of the car ride mad at her mother, she did not exactly learn the way there.

So once the phone was set, she pulled out the driveway and began the hour long journey to the barn.

When she pulled up, Red was sitting on the fence near the parking area, his hands folded together as he sat forward. Blake felt herself smiling as she parked and turned off her car.

"Morning," she called as she got out the car.

Red smiled as he hopped off the fence and walked over to her. "Had a feeling you'd show up soon," he said as he leaned on her door while she bent back in to retrieve her wallet and food.

"Yeah, I mean I'm pretty sure I was told I'd be working the morning shift with you."

"Oh yeah," he said slowly while scratching at his five o'clock shadow. She stood up straight and looked at him. "I honestly forgot."

"Hmm," she stepped back to close her car door and followed Red into the barn, stopping off at the office to stash her stuff in a little spot Max said she could use.

As she walked back out the office, she found Red leaning against the wall, arms crossed and waiting patiently.

"You're waiting on me?" She raised her eyebrow a little while tucking her hands into the back pocket of her jeans.

"Well," he said with a grin as they walked side by side into the feed area, "Today's feeding is a little different than yesterday's."

"How so?"

And so Red explained the different feeding schedules as well as what horse received what and when. After claiming she had it all down, Red sent her to tackle one half of the barn while he started on the other.

"Hang on," she suddenly realized something, but didn't have the heart to run to Red and ask about it just yet, so she continued going from stall to stall until she finally met up with Red.

"All done?" He asked her as she walked out of Garnet's empty stall.

"Yeah," then her brows furrowed together as she stared at him. "Aren't we supposed to muck out the stalls?"

"Already did that," he replied as they headed back to the feed station. "See, I wasn't completely waiting on you."

She shook her head and returned the huge grin he had on his face. Red then disappeared for a minute, returning later with three halters and leads in his hands.