Chapter 14

Lexa

I lay on my bed, my hands on either side of me, my eyes closed.  The light behind my eyelids looked dark red, reflecting the sunlight streaming in through the window.  My brown hair was splayed against my pillow, feeling soft against my face.  I breathed softly as I rubbed the comforters underneath me.

I was enjoying the silence for that moment, wrangling in all of the stray thoughts I had had during the past week.  I didn't usually do this, I have always silenced the little nagging voice in my head that brought up memories.  Instead, I would harness the other voice in my head that was logical and emotionless.  I had no room for emotions.

So I lay there, thinking about one particular thought that had always bugged me ever since I was thirteen.  Why did my parents give me up? 

 Why did they send me to a private school at such a young age?  Was it because a few weeks before they sent me away I came out and told them I was lesbian?  Was it because I was always bossing around my siblings?  Did they just not love me anymore?

A knock suddenly sounded from my door, silencing my thoughts.  Who could that be?

"Come in." I yelled out, hoping it wasn't somebody I didn't like.  I was already devising a plan to get rid of the person at my door.  I heard the door open and saw two figures in the corner of my eye.  One a short Hispanic girl, and the other a short blonde one.

"Hey, Lexa." Raven said, smiling at me.  Lately, Raven has been enjoying herself, which is impressive since her first impression of the Academy a few days ago was terrible.  

"Hey guys." I said, turning my head but not getting up.  I was actually really sore from my workout this morning.  I had pushed myself harder than ever before as memories of my parents had popped up randomly in my head.  I was so sore that I hadn't even bothered changing out of my workout clothes, today a red fitted hoodie and black yoga pants, maroon socks on my feet.

Raven and Clarke walked over to me and got on the bed, one on either side.  I felt the bed shift under us as Clarke climbed over me, her hair in my face and her hand landing on my stomach.

"Ow, Clarke!" I groaned, feeling pain shoot up my whole torso.  See, I'm sore.  Clarke landed on my left, her blonde head on my shoulder.  Raven, on the other hand, was laying against my side on the right, her brown ponytail brushing against my arm.  

"Sorry." Clarke smiled at me, her teeth white and straight, her chin jutting out like usual.  Raven scrunched her nose up as Clarke apologized.

"You smell like sweat, Lex." Raven laughed, poking me in my hip.  I felt a sharp pain and grinded my teeth.

"I worked out this morning and now I feel like shit." I explained, frowning as I talked.  Raven and Clarke just stared at me with dumbfounded expressions.

"And you've just been laying here the rest of the day?"  Clarke wondered, her blue eyes wide.  I just rolled my eyes and nodded, making a pain shoot through my neck.  I groaned and rubbed it with my hand, feeling the pain in my neck subside but the one in my arm worsen from the movement.

"Lexa, you want to know how many times I've worked out then laid in bed the rest of the day?  Nada, zero.  That's how I've gotten so much muscle." Raven sat up and flexed her arm, muscles popping up in her smooth tan skin.  She winked at me, making me laugh.  I pulled out my arm from under me and flexed back at Raven, ignoring the soreness.  My arm swelled with muscle, seeing as all I ever did was workout.

"Well, then." Raven huffed, laying back down.  Her mouth was set in a frown, but I could tell she was trying hard not to laugh.  

"Well, don't I feel like the odd man out." Clarke laughed, showing off her sturdy yet not muscular arms.  Raven and I laughed as I rolled my eyes for the second time.  

"Not everyone can be as amazing as me and Lexa, here." Raven patted my shoulder making me wince.  Raven saw and sent me an apologetic look that said perfectly clear that she forgot how sore I was.

"But I saw you working out on the first day here." I frowned as I turned to Clarke.  The flowery smell from her hair was floating in my nose, overpowering my sweat smell.  

"Well, yeah, cause I wanted to talk to you.  I don't usually work out, which is probably hard to tell since I have an amazing body." Clarke joked, smiling flirtatiously at me and winking.  

"Hey, what about my wink?" Raven moped, putting her lips into a sad pout.  Clarke turned to her and winked, Raven happily winking back.  Raven then looked at me and winked the exact same way.

"What's up with the winking?  You guys are freaking me out." I complained, a little bit louder than a mutter.  Clarke and Raven laughed.  The door suddenly opened and in walked Octavia, looking confused and a bit angry.

"Why wasn't I invited to this party?" We all went speechless as her frown turned into a grin unexpectedly.  She ran over and jumped onto the bed, landing on my legs.  I shot up from my torso and gave a shout of pain.  Octavia just blew me a kiss and found a comfy position on top of my legs.  

"We are totally going to break the bed." Raven commented, her voice chirpy and light.  Octavia laughed and Clarke snorted.  I laid back down on the bed, my head touching my soft pillow with comfort.  

"You think?" Clarke shot back, nestling her head into my shoulder once again.  

"So, Lincoln and I are going on a date tomorrow!" Octavia said cheerfully, lifting her head to look at our faces.  Raven squealed in delight and Clarke grinned.  

"Man, I was hoping to snatch you up myself." I joked, winking at her.  All of them laughed and gave disappointed sounds.  Octavia rolled her eyes and kept talking.

"He's taking me on a picnic." Octavia smiled mischievously, raising her eyebrows, signaling for us to respond.

"So romantic." Raven purred.  All of us were sitting up now, staring at each other and talking girl talk.  I had never had a conversation like this, not even with Anya.  

"Could you hint to your brother to do the same for me?" Clarke smiled after giving off an annoyed huff.

"I still can't believe that you and my brother are a thing." Octavia scrunched her nose up and shook her head at Clarke, as if disappointed in her choice of boyfriend.  

"Now its just Lex and me.  What to do with our single selves?" Raven raised her eyebrows at me suggestively, making me laugh.  

"Yeah, what to do." I winked at Raven, making her blush.  I wasn't sure if it was a fake blush or real, but it was cute on the petite Hispanic.  

I heard a knock at my door and saw it open, for the third time that day.  Wow, I was popular today.  

Anya walked in, surprised by what she saw.  Her brown eyes looked angry and her lips were in a thin line.  

"I guess you're busy.  I'll come back later." and just like that Anya walked back out, her steps brisk.  She was out so fast that I didn't even have time to call out for her.  I frowned and turned back to the three girls on my bed.  Octavia just shrugged in a who-cares manner.

"Whatever." The three girls started talking again, but I couldn't stop thinking of the look of betrayal of Anya's face.  Here I was, hanging out with three Skaikru girls when I haven't even had the chance to hang out with her in the past week.  I've just been caught up in Raven's abrupt entrance and Clarke and Octavia's friendliness.  

All my thoughts of Anya were wiped, however, when I felt them all come super close to me and form a hug, pushing me into a laying position.  I smiled as I felt Raven's warm body right next to me, Clarke's form right on my side, and Octavia just straight up on top of me, her head right below my chest.  It felt warm and safe and amazing.  I haven't felt like this since I was with Costia.  It was a nice feeling.  And in that moment, I let go of every harsh memory I had and concentrated on the present, the amazing present.

Hey, guys!  So this chapter showed hints of Raven and Lexa's relationship, which I'm considering expanding on.  So I just wanted to ask to see what all of you think, but would you rather see Raven and Lexa in a relationship or both just single?  Please vote and comment, the comments help so much!  Thanks for reading! 

-Syd