Chapter 4 - Larry The Axe

CHAPTER 4

“Leo, wait up!” Lily ran after him breathlessly, brushing off the dirt and leaves stuck to her shirt.

Leo turned around and lit his finger up in flames. He was panting as well.

“We should really sit,” He suggested, plopping on a big rock. He twirled a screwdriver with his fingers and lay on the rock, closing his eyes.

The cool night breeze blew itself towards Lily’s neck, prickling her teasingly. She looked around them and started to plan on where to place the flag.

“Now we started from there,” She picked up a tree branch and pointed to the opposite direction,” And red team would be over there,” The tree branch pointed to the right side,”So it’d only be safe for us,” She took a breath, throwing down the branch on the floor,”-To place the flag that way.” She walked a few steps to the left side and looked over at Leo, who was listening to her speech attentively,”Leo!” Lily was definitely annoyed.

Leo looked as if nothing had happened and he had his beady eyes staring right behind Lily, his wide grin smiling back at her as response,”Yes teacher?”

Lily slapped her hand on her forehead,”We’ll be going that way,” She pointed left.

“-And use my other invention, LARRY!” Leo announced, standing up from the big rock, he took out a miniature axe from his pouch,”Behold LARRY!” He shouted, kneeling on the ground and placing the axe above him.

Lily looked at him blankly. She had no idea what the boy was up to.

“What-” She asked.

“I said, this is Larry! Bow down to Larry!” Leo urged.

“Wait, what-” Lily was interrupted by Leo, pulling her down to kneel on the ground, “Huh?” Lily shrieked.

Leo smiled brightly again, standing up, he threw the axe away to the left side of them.

“What did you do?!” Lily was near to shouting at that point. She had no idea what he was doing, no track of time, no idea on where to place the flag, and they were even off the topic on placing the flag into bowing down to a miniature axe named Larry.

Leo pointed at Larry,”Larry is like Buford, with amazing abilities, because he was made by the amazing Leo Valdez,” Lily knew about Buford, the flying table on Argo 2, perhaps that was why Leo named all his furniture, and even, his weapons. Leo proceeded on saying,”Larry could track in the woods and he’s amazing at that, he’ll probs find a great place for hiding the flag.”

Lily nodded, pretending to understand what Leo was saying, she caught herself mumbling,”Narcissist” under her breath though.

After a few turns around the woods, Leo led Lily to find Larry, using his Larry-tracking-device.

“Here you go!” Leo smirked, standing on the rock where Larry was, he planted the flag right on it. The vibrant gold colour of ‘Team Leo’ shone under the silver moonlight.

Lily doubted that Leo had placed it correctly, so she proceeded on to take it out and- she accidentally threw it away.

“LILY! YOU PARTY POOPER!” Leo stared daggers at her as he ran over to grab the flag. Just as he picked it up, a huge bird-like monster swept down from the sky and took not only the flag, but also Larry from Leo’s pocket.

AN: Please do COMMENT and VOTE once you're done :)