Death of Love

Eruptions of wind went past my face as I ran from Mytikas Peak, where Mount Olympus resided. To where I was running to? Well, the only place I knew where I could die at the moment.

The humans think us immortal; in a pretense we are, but Gaea's natural disasters cannot hold our bodies for long. While I could've thrown myself from Mount Olympus, I'm afraid that I would only end up crippled like Hephaestus. And in that case...I would not die. There were many places I could go to end my life, but I wanted to be closest to the one I loved the most when I go and do it. So to the ocean, I travel.
I didn't know how long I ran, but I was glad no one was chasing after me. However, if I take too long, soon Zeus would send Hermes to come and find me.
The ground became harder to run on with my sandals so I stripped them off. Along with my outer armor. In less than a minute, I was in less clothing than I should be. With tight lengthenings around my legs and a mere soutién covering my chest, I looked over the edge of the mountain.

Off the cliff, I stared at the crashing waves of the deep blue and remembered the feeling of drowning so well, for it was only yesterday I was within those shallow depths.

"If I am to have my powers taken away and my love is forsaken, then......." 

......why should I live?

I couldn't say those last words, for they were far from the truth.
In the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks, but I could not speak of my death in any way, shape, or form. The only thing I know is that I pray for a painless demise....

Falling into the waters felt like a weight was being lifted. Being in the water felt so right somehow, even though this is the way I wanted to end my life.
I opened my eyes and to my surprise, the water was as clear as day. I expected it to be murky, but I could see everything with the sunlight shining through. The algae floating about with the fish. Millions of sand particles floating about. This is where the water Nymphs live and I have to admit, I am quite jealous. Everything seemed calm, serene, peaceful: this was the perfect way to die....

....in the depths of Poseidon's sea.

in the depths of Poseidon's sea

*

*

*

*

*

(Poseidon's POV)

"Hmmm...Posesion, why don't we go to your palace and continue there."

The sea nymphs surrounded me and slowly kissed up and down my neck and chest.

"I don't want to, I'm feeling lazy today."
They nyphms giggled as I yawned.

"Poseidon's lazy." One said.
"That's nothing new." Another responded.

I lazed about on a bed of soft sand letting the nyphms do whatever. This was nothing new.

--------

There was a disturbance in the West ocean. 

What was it? 

It wasn't the death of a sea creature because the ripple effect was different. Was it a hurricane?Has another human fallen into the west steam?

No, that's not it...

I reached out my hand towards the West and felt the second tremor. Deep liquid, surrounded my fingers as I created a clone of myself out of the ocean waters. I sent the clone towards the far West. I looked into the eyes of my duplicate and waited for its arrival to where I felt the disturbance. It took a short while to arrive and what I saw made my heart cease its beating.

Athena, the wisdom goddess' body was floating listlessly in the water; my ocean. No one truly knows how fast I created a current to pull her body towards mine. It was so immense, even the fish were startled. The Nymphs became confused with my actions when I ignored their flirtatious approachings.

"Poseidon, what disturbs you?" One of them touched my cheek, but I completely regarded them as another fish of the great deep. I had no time for pointless followers when the one I truly wanted could die any second.

I began to swim forward when I saw Athena's body come closer to mine. I pulled harder and faster than any hurricane I've ever created. I know by dong this, it would mess with the other currents, but I could care less.  I will undoubtedly fix it later. Not soon enough, Athena's body was in my arms. I lifted her knees with my arms and laid her head on my chest, then looked down at her cold frame. Her skin was paled immensely along with her bluish lips. However, I knew she was alive because I could feel her heart beat vibrate in the west current.

"Isn't this Athena! What is she doing here?"

"Looks as if she tried to kill herself. Such a foolish god." The nymphs laughed at her dismay.

"SILENCE!"

I spat with more force than I anticipated and ended up pushing them farther than they needed. I held Athena's body close as I looked around at the miniature crater I created in the sand underneath me. I did not have time to play with ergi women, for they were sailor killers and a waste of my time. Due to my anger, I pulled my trident out and made a shield around Athena and I. The Nymphs felt offended and retreated with anger filled hearts; but they will forgive me later. I am a god aren't I?

I wasted no time as I began to speedily make my way towards the surface. Why is this happening again?! It felt as if Athena truly wanted to kill herself----

I immediately stopped causing Athena's head to be thrown back but it slowly found its way moving upward as I held it in place. I looked at her face; she looked so peaceful, for death has exceeded her. 

She wanted to die...

Why? 

Did something happen on the surface that caused her to make such a rash decision?

If I remembered correctly, The west ocean is where Mount Olympus extends down to. And the last time I saw her, she was responding to a marriage proposal Zeus had sent her.

No...

I pulled Athena's body even closer; I was not going to let her go. She will never leave my sights to go and marry that winged god. I could care less how mad Zeus will be! He will never be able to come into the waters without drowning first. 

Impulsive proceedings invaded my thoughts as I looked down at Athena once more.

My Athena....

For she will be mine, If I make her like myself; a water breather. An ocean life will be a truly beautiful experience. Since I was going to woo her anyhow, this seems like the best idea.

Athena's heartbeat slowly began to fade when I descended further from the surface.  I settled her within my strong arms comfortably and began to work the magic weavings.  I know this magic will be short lived, but it should be enough to validate the heavens on how serious I am. Zeus knows better than to tamper with love; especially one that I love. Has he forgotten all the revenge that was meant for him? Does he not remember that his own wife loves him and will curse anyone that comes his way. 

While thinking this, I conjured up mystified water and brought it to Athena's face. With one last look at the wisdom goddess, I placed my lips to hers and out floated the spell. 

Slowly, but surely did Athena's eyes open and brought back to life she was.