Sea of Love

My eyelids felt heavy with miraculous weight, but somehow light at the same time. The blurriness couldn't get any worse as I tried to open my eyes. The prelude of sunlight hit my face, but I couldn't feel its heat. The warmth that the sun usually provided was withered by the heaviness of a cool blurriness. Of course, it didn't stay blurry for long when I felt a slight brush of warmth move across my face. Quickly, I widened my eyes to find an extraordinary participation in the life under the sea. Also.....Poseidon was smiling down at me.
Swiftly, I sat up and inched away from the sea god taking in my surroundings. I felt my hair floating about around me in an array of strings. I noticed a few things; 1st, I was underwater, 2nd, I was breathing and 3rd,  I wasn't dead.

Oh no, And I barely have any clothes on! I looked down at my attire and to my surprise, saw a blue tunic covering my shoulder and my waist. 

"Ah, yes. I dressed you." Poseidon then smirked. "Though I wouldn't mind seeing the wisdom goddess's naked body once again."

I blushed tirelessly, how dare he! I wrapped my arms around myself to cover up my pride. Then I covered my mouth before I could talk ad breathe I water.

"Athena." A voice that sounded so close but so far away spoke to me. "Do not be frightened. This spell won't last for long. Only a couple of days at most." Poseidon smiled at me with all his shiny teeth.

I slowly opened my mouth, still baffled at the thought that the water felt like air. I didn't even feel wet. "What did you do to me?"

"I saved you." Poseidon paused with a sad look on his face. "You were drowning."

Ah. That's right. I was trying to....

"I see..."

"Athena, I don't want to question your reason for....drowning, but this is my sea and if I must use spells to save you then I will."
Poseidon smiled warmly at me.  I quickly looked away to hide my blushing. 

"Athena," Poseidon said after a long while, "won't you come with me? I want to show you around." Poseidon reached out his firm hand towards mine. At that moment I thought, who in their right mind would reject such an offer, but something was off. Why was Poseidon interested in my welfare? Did he do this on purpose? I for one would not put a spell of saving on one that I didn't love. He could have simply brought me to the surface and revived me like last time. Yet, he didn't. Instead, he wants to show me around as if I were his beloved guest.

I looked at his hand once more and thought about how it would feel against mine. Such soft dermis; a need to be filled; a need for warmth and love. So...I slowly reached out and grabbed it as if my life depended on it. At this point, I would go anywhere with him, with a sense of awareness, though. 
His hand felt strangely warm considering the water that was surrounding us. Poseidon slowly guided us towards what seemed to be a current. I could see a funnel water flowing in one direction.

"Wait, you expect me to venture into that?" I quickly asked.

Poseidon cocked his head, then smirked. "Is the mighty Athena scared of a puny current? I would have never thought."
I felt my eye twitch at his mockery.

"I mean surely a goddess who has fought in great wars is not afraid of more water?"
Poseidon's mischievous glare stirred my anger to the brim.

"Well, we could do something else. I don't know, like float about in the waters, stare at sea particles. Oh! maybe even--"

Swiftly, I pulled his hand and swam straight towards the current where it pulled me forward faster than I expected.
If Poseidon wasn't there to hold be back, I would have been floating forever. When Poseidon took a hold of me, the waters seemed to slow its pace at the will of the sea God. With my back to his chest, my heart began to flutter. Even though we've been this close before, it was not my choice. So when he yielded me against him, I had not expected him to be so calm. I even took a chance to look back at him and want I saw was spectacular.
The man of my dreams and my heart stared down at me like I was the only person in his world. Why? Why was he looking at me like this? He's going to make me fall for him even more. More so that I will become trapped in my false idea of his proceeding awareness. I can't take it anymore!

Thank goodness the water current slowed to a stop and he quickly let go of my hands.
I could feel the blush spread across my cheeks, I just hoped he didn't see.

"Look Athena."
I turned around and was astounded at what I saw. A castle; a wonderful sea palace looking like something from my dreams. I felt my mouth agape and heard Poseidon laugh at me. 

"I never thought I'd see the day where a war goddess looks shocked." Poseidon swam closer to me. "But I can't say I dislike it."

"I can't believe my eyes--" I stopped to stare at the palace a bit more --"Why the hell are you always on mount Olympus when you have this?" I gestured my hand towards the sea palace. And if I should compare it to the beauty of Mount Olympus, I would be being biased. 

The sea God chuckled then moved around to float in front of me. "It is my domain, but I like spending time with Zeus."

Pain struck my heart when I heard his name. That evil lightning god, who I used to praise, now wanted to take my powers away if I don't marry Zelus.

"I do not see how you find him likable. He's a selfish runt."

"Now, now Athena. Is that any way to talk about the father?"

"I could care less how I talk to him! He wanted me to marry Zelus and for what? No reason at all. I am not as easy as Aphrodite."

"Woah now, Aphrodite didn't want to marry Hephaestus either." My eyes widened at his defense.

"Of course you would defend her."

"Athena, come on," Poseidon tried to grab my hand, but I harshly pushed it away.

"You and all the countless of men that still want to fuck her. Go right ahead, no one's stopping you." Swiftly, I turned away from him so I wouldn't have to look into his eyes. I knew I was angry and jealous but I could help it. Who wouldn't be horrified that the one they loved wanted to have sex with every pretty woman he's seen.

"Tsk. After I risked my brother's madness to save you, this is what you say to me."

I flinched.

"I thought I could deal with this personality of yours, but I cannot embark on it any longer."

"Ha! That's what everyone says, I'm used to it." No, no. I didn't want to say that!

"You want to be known as a bastard god?"

"I'm no more of a bastard than you are." Shit...I said it.

With that, Poseidon slammed his trident onto the sand sending me flying away in the water.I swam to stop myself from floating any further, to find Poseidon moving away from me.

"Poseidon! Where are you going?!"

The sea God didn't acknowledge my voice.
"Poseidon!"

"Just know Athena, that spell will wear off within the next two days." His voice somehow echoed in the water, even though he was so far away.
"Goodbye, Athena."

"Poseidon! You can't just leave me here!"
Suddenly, the sea gods body dissolved into the water where countless of bubbles swayed within the wetness. 
I can't believe this!
He actually plans to let me swim around and probably starve for two days?
A sigh escaped from my mouth as a repetitive pain filled my heart. If there wasn't water surrounding my every move, I would be able to feel the tears fall down my cheeks. A strained sound came from my mouth as I remembered what I said.

A bastard God I am...