11

We walked inside. I waved to the camera so Nate knew it was just us and to relax. I followed Brooke to the security office. Nate looked up from the camera and flashed us a smile.

"Hey Nate" Brooke said.

"Hey Brooke your back early" Nate said relaxing in the chair.

"Yeah well my sister gave birth and our entire family came; it was hectic so I came home" Brooke said.

"We missed you" he said and looked at me.

"What are you doing here? Two nights ago I found you passed out in pirates cove. Yesterday you told me it was because you were tired. Why aren't you at home sleeping?" He asked crossing his arms.

"We just had to do a few quick things" I said. He chuckled shaking his head.

"So Mark has tonight's shift?" Brooke asked looking at me weirdly.

"No Mark was supposed to be last night remember"

"Oh yeah" she said. I nodded "Do you know if the animatronics free roamed on his shift? did he tell you?"

"Yeah still not to sure about that" he said. "The doors comforting though. Glad I got to Sky before 12 hit, the rumours creep me out a little" I felt a small blush creep onto my cheeks and hoped they didn't pick up on it.

"The old rumours?" Brooke asked.

"Yeah the whole haunted animatronics. Children stuffed inside them it's gross. And the worst the security killing stories." Nate said looking uneasy.

"I can honestly say when we found them there was no child stuffing" I said with a reassuring smile.

"Haha thanks" Nate said.

"Well we are going to go do what we came here to do" Brooke said

"Ok please be careful it's getting close to midnight" Nate said.

"We will" I said.

"Promise" Brooke added. We walked out of the security office into the main room. "Now what?"

"It's 7 minutes till midnight when they usually start 'activating' so we wait till then the only thing is the cameras" I said.

"There" Brooke said pointing at a blind spot in the camera view.

"But Nate will start worrying, you saw him in there um......" I said tapping my foot,thinking.

"I got nothing" Brooke said with a shrug.

"Hmm.... We'll take them to parts and service and uh tell Nate we are um were doing repairs and updates, fixing bugs in their systems" I suggested.

"Sounds good" Brooke said and headed towards the staff room whilst I walked into the security office.

"You can relax we're doing some maintenance work so we'll be in parts and service most if not all of the animatronics will be in there with us-"

"Nuh uh I'm calling you guys on this one no way" Nate said sitting forward in his chair.

"Nate we'll be fine besides you can watch us the whole time remember" I said pointing at the tablet.

"Ugh fine but any sign of trouble, I'm calling the police" he said.

"That's fine" I said. "Worry wart" I laughed roughing up his hair. He swatted my hand away. I laughed and he pointed at me.

"Don't touch the hair" he said raising his eyebrows seriously. After a second he smiled.