18

"You ready?" Brooke asked.

"Yeah" I said and sat down in the chair she had.

"Ok so I've taken the endoskeleton from the hand and put it in your knew one, so it works. Now you won't have much touch feeling. I've added as much nerves as I could so you can feel some things just not all" I nodded. Brooke cleaned up a spot near my wrist before numbing it. She attached my new hand and made and did lots of small things. She made an incision around the metal plate. Brooke stitched my skin to the new hand.

"That way it will heal together although it's going to scar, the better you take care of it the less it will scar" Brooke said as she stitched.

"Ok so keep it clean?" I asked.

"Yes and don't put to much stress on it whilst it's healing. To help with that I made something it's like a brace." Brooke said.

"Oh yeah" I said. She cleaned up around my wrist she applied some gauze and bandaged my wrist. She grabbed a thing and slipped it over my hand. It was like a fingerless glove but was open around my wrist and went back to glove, it had four pieces that connected the two. I had a little bit of mobility but couldn't bend my wrist just yet.

"And if I see you picking at it I will slap you" she said beginning to clean up.

"Ok I can agree with that" I said. I got up, i open and closed my hand.

"Seems to be working" Brooke said.

"Yeah" I said. "Thank you so much"

"It's fine it was kinda fun working on it" she said. I smiled. "Mark should be over soon, he's bringing lunch"

"Cool" I said.

"You can go back up stairs I'm almost done down here" she said. I nodded and went upstairs. I walked into the lounge where Nate was on his phone. I crept behind him and lent forward,

"BOO" Nate jumped flinging his arm backwards and hitting me in the face by accident.

"Oh my god I'm so sorry" he said rushing over and wrapping his arms around me.

"It's fine" I laughed. Nate squeezed me.

"I feel terrible" he said.

"It was a natural reaction it's fine" I said. He started to relax and I smiled.

"I'm still sorry" he said, I laughed. There was a knock at the door, I let go of Nate and went and opened it.

"Hey Sky" Mark said with a small hug.

"Hey Mark" I said hugging him back.

"Hey Mark" Nate said walking over.

"Hey Nate" Mark said. I heard the basement door open.

"MARK!" Brooke ran over. Mark quickly put down the bag of food, Brooke jumped on Mark wrapping her arms around him. Mark stumbled back wrapping his arms around her.

"Hello" he laughed. I smiled at the two..

"Lunch smells good" Nate said with a smile.

"Chinese" Mark said and Brooke and him broke apartment.

"Yum" Nate said picking up the bag. We walked into the kitchen. Nate pulled everything out of the bag.

"Ooh" I took the fried rice and grabbed a fork out of the drawer. I sat down at the table and the others soon joined me.

"So what are plans for the rest of the day?" I asked.

"Not much because you need to rest your wrist whilst it heals" Brooke said.

"Fine" I said.

"It's alright we can still do stuff" Nate said.

"Just not too much" Brooke said.

"Ok" I said.

"You can't put to much of a strain on the hand straight away" Brooke said.

"I know, I know" I said and there was a knock at the door.

"I'll get it" Brooke said getting up. She walked over to the door. Soon she walked back in with Carl.

"Hi Carl, how are you?" I asked and gave him a hug.

"Hi Skylar I'm good what about you?" He asked and I pulled away.

"Yeah I'm fine the usual" I said and sat back down.

"Did you want anything to drink?" Brooke asked.

"No no I'm fine but I want to have a talk to you two" he said sitting down. Brooke sat back down beside Mark.

"Ok shoot" Brooke said.

"Don't get me wrong you two have been doing some absolutely outstanding work" Carl began.

"This doesn't sound promising" I said.

"You girls have been working hard, very hard. And I think you need to pull back a bit" Carl said.

"What do you mean pull back?" I asked looking at Brooke for a second before looking back at Carl.

"All I'm saying is I think you should get another manager so you two can have some off time. And not be at the Funzone everyday. Late nights and early mornings. It's going to take its toll on you"

"We can handle it" Brooke said.

"I would like you to get some more managers" he said quite sternly.

"Fine" I muttered.

"By the end of the week" he said getting up.

"Wait we have one week to completely train someone to be a manager?" Brooke asked.

"Two managers" my eyes widened. "I mean it, no I have to go run some more errands. Good luck I'll see you on Saturday with your two new managers." And he left.

"This is going to be a fun week" I said

"Oh yeah" Brooke rolled her eyes.

"So who are you thinking?" Nate asked.

"I think Keisha should be one" Mark said.

"She has been doing really well" I said.

"Yeah I agree, but who else?" Brooke asked. "What do you think about Zack?"

"Yeah I think he's probably one of the best staff we have and he's a quick learner" I said.

"Keisha and zack it is" Brooke said. "I'll call them up soon and let them know" I nodded and finished eating. Brooke went off to make the phone calls.

"So what now?" I asked.

"Video games?" Mark suggested.

"I don't think video games will strain my wrist so sure" I said and we got up. We all walked into the lounge and played games Brooke joining us when she was done. In the evening the boys offered to make dinner whilst Brooke and I made a schedule for this week. I rubbed my hands together as a plate of spaghetti was placed down in front of me.

"This looks great" Brooke said.

"Smells good too" I laughed.

"Thank you" Brooke and I said at the same time.

"It's fine" Nate said and quickly kissed my cheek before sitting down.