Chapter 23 - Alive

Syphera

I did as I was told. I jumped on Landons back and before I knew it we were halfway through the freaking forest. I have to admit, besides the blood drinking think, it seems pretty cool to be a vampire. Although id never want it. I don't want that. Its cheating death and I've always believed that when your time has come, you die. That's how life works. I was lost in thought until I feel a tight grip on my hair and I'm pulled away from Landon. I grunt as I feel fangs stab into my neck and then get ripped out. Fucking hell. I look up through teary eyes to see Landon standing in front of me protectively, standing against a boy, maybe sixteen. I heard growling and snarling as the blood drained from my neck faster and faster. I opened my eyes just as Landon tore the other vampire to shreds. "SYPHERA!" He yells as he runs over to me and holds me in his arms. "Its okay you'll be okay I promise" He cries as he bites his wrist but before I even taste the sweet blood I know vampires have, darkness drags me under. Seems death has come sooner then expected and even though just seconds ago I said I was okay with dying, I realised something. I don't want to die.

I woke up under soft blankets and on a plump mattress. I lunge up and look around. "yep I'm dead" I though as I looked at the gorgeous interior. Dark red walls matching the dark floorboards and the dark interior. It was beautiful. Landon walked through the door carrying a plate of assorted fruits. I looked at him and he froze as he saw me. "Syphera" He whispers and I burst into tears. "oh my god you're dead too!" I cried as I put my head in my hands and let the tears fall. Oh my god I cant believe Landons dead. What I'm dead too. "Hey hey hey" Landon says as he cups my face and gently guides me so I'm looking at him. "I'm not dead. You're not dead. I saved you" I said as he wiped the tears away. "Did you....am I" I began and he shook his head. "No, I healed you before you actually died although you almost did. You've been out almost all day" He says and I look around. "Aren't we supposed to meet Adura" I asked and he nodded, "yeah. We'll go once you're feeling okay" he says and I stand up. "I'm okay. I just want this over with" I tell him and he steps closer. "Yeah well I don't" He says and I give him a confused look. "If this ends, you leave" he says and he pulls me closer to him. "And I cant let you leave" he says. "What do you mean?" I asked and he grabs my hand and places it on his chest. There's a slight heartbeat. "What the hell?" I said and he smiled at me. "Our hearts do beat but its very faint. Almost like its not there but ever since you've been around, it beats stronger" He says and I stood there shocked. "You brought me back to life" He says and I blush. "I wont let you leave me ever again" He says and I look up at him. "You gonna make me your pet?" I challenged with a smirk. "I would" He says as he slams me against the wall, his fingers digging into my waist as he holds back his lust. "and as much as I'm sure you'd look hot in a collar with my name on it, I prefer the label girlfriend" he says and before I can respond his lips connect with mine. I didn't fight. I didn't want to fight. I slid my hands up his arms and into his hair, pulling gently at the brown strands resting in my fingers. I never thought a vampire could be so gentle. I just stood there kissing him, and he kissed me in return. Hes hand slide down to my legs and he picks me up. I instinctively wrap my legs around his waist and he kisses me harder. In lightning speed, I feel the soft material from the mattress and the sheets and Landon rests his left arm by the side of my head as his other hand caresses my body, running perfect over my curves before his grip tightened on my thigh. He rolls us over so I'm on top of him. Now straddling his waist, I continue kissing him as he squeezes my hips. He sits up and I remove his shirt and go straight back to kissing him. His hand slides up my back and I feel him tugging the hair tie out of my hair. My long hair flows past my shoulders and he breaks away from me for a second just to see. "Such an angel" He mutters before returning to my lips. Once again he rolls us over so I'm below him. We smile against each others lips before he returns to me. I feel his hands slide under the hem of my shirt and slide over my stomach. I giggle as hes hands get higher and higher but he quickly stops that sounds as his lips take me once more. He slides my shirt further up my body and I arch my back so he can get the bottom off and then I sit up a little so he can pull it off completely. He looks down at the lacey black bra I was wearing and the smile on his face showed me he was pleased. He reclaims my lips as his as his hands one again travel up my body. I felt his hand travel underneath the material and cup my left boob in his hand. I gasp and he takes that opportunity to slide his tongue into my mouth. He pinches my nipple softly before moving his hand away and he focusing more on kissing me passionately. He trails kisses down my cheek and jawline before finally kissing my neck. He bites down gently but as he kissed my neck more, his bites got more rough. "Aright Landon stop" I said but he didn't listen. I tried pushing him away and demanding him to get off of me as his bites got harder. "Landon stop!" I demanded and tried pushing him away but he pinned my arms down easily and allowed his fangs to sink into my neck. I struggle in his grip as he sucks the blood from neck. "LANDON THAT HURTS!" I yelled and he launches himself back. I clutch my bleeding neck as I'm in tears. "Oh my god. Syphera I'm so sorry. You just....smelled so good" He says and I jump up and put my shirt back on. "SYPHERA WAIT!" Landon yelled but I ignored him as I ran out the door.

I ran and I could hear Landon following, his voice calling my name. I turn down an alley way hoping to avoid him but I run straight into a solid wall of muscle. "There you are" Deveons cold voice husks before I'm grabbed and almost immediately land in the castle. I'm pushed to the floor, the blood still flowing form my neck. I look up at Salazar, sitting up on a throne. "Salazar" I mutter and hes face remains cold. "Syphera, Where is Adura?"