Chapter 3 - Longing

Adura

"Come on!" I hissed. We had snuck in the castle as Landon the distraction. It wont last long. I need to hurry. The girl to be Landons age in human, 18, looked at me funny. She was wearing a V neck long sleeve shirt and denim shorts. My old clothes. I looked around. This is my old room. Everything in this room is mine. Well was.

"Who are you?" Her voice scratchy. Must of been taken from a young age like me. All the bruises show me. "A friend and someone trynna save your ass from a viscous killer." Her jaw dropped. Rolling my eyes at the girl I grabbed her wrist and yanked her out of the seat. The girl reminds me too much of my human self. "Whats your new name?" Pets dont get names, only numbers. "I-I its Syphera." She muttered, her fingers shaking. I paused.

He used my middle name. He's trying to make her into me. That ass! Before I could even retaliate the doors fly open. My body stilled, "Salazar." I whispered. Every ounce of cells in my body stop. The world feels like it froze. "Adura." Salazar muttered, walking forward like he couldn't believe what he was seeing. "Is it really you?" He asks softly. Memories seem to flood me.

I giggled as the cold hand wrapped itself around mine. His cool eyes bright as he stared into my own. "I'm going to be king some day." He whispered into my neck. His breath wavering against my skin. "You'll be a great king Sal." He purred and brought his lips to mine. I wanted to keep going. To keep our lips together. "You'll be my queen." I pulled away and smiled at him, "Really?" he nodded. "I love you. You only." My heart was pumping fast, "I love you." I lied on his chest as he soothed my hair. "Im going to make this world peacefully. No human will be slaves or pets to vampires. How do you like that?" Sals fingers traced circles on my shoulders. "I love that."

I clenched my hands into fists. I did love Salazar. But he made mistakes that i can never forgive. "Yes its me. Dont you recognise the one you turned? Or the one that you love?" My voice was going to break and I cannot let that happen. Salazar shook his head. "I recognised you my love. I just never thought you'd come back." Love was shown in his eyes. But hatred shown in mine. "I didn't come back for you. I came for Syphera. The girl you tried to make into me. I don't know what type of sick game this is, its going to stop." He was angry now. Salazar should already forgotten me. Moved the hell on. Males are annoying.

"So you don't love me?" Do? No. Did? Yes. "Salazar, I did love you until you betrayed me." He was my first love. After it was destroyed, I vowed never to love a monster like him. "Fine. GUARDS." Landon came up behind the guards and knocked them out. This mission is a fail. I growled at Salazar. "I hate you. Your suppose to be king! And you promised!" I ran out of the room, grabbing Landon on the way. As we got out the gates we vamped out. He broke his promises.