Chapter 11 - Journey Home

Adura

The village was loud and lively as I walked down the markets with my head bowed. My cloak covering my face and the basket of goods I gotten from my works pay. It wasn't much but it was enough to feed everyone tonight. Even though everyone was wealthy in this town my family and myself are happy.

Horses hooves were loud as they clomped heavily against the dirt. Our village doesn't own horses. But we all know where these horse come from. The vampires. I kept my face down as we all stood in a line away from them. Their faces with hungry looks. Some where staring at the women with lust. I'm only 16. I wouldn't get out of this very well. Just gotta keep my head bowed. "File out ladies!" A browned haired vampire boomed. I had to obey. This is so wrong with what they are doing. I never liked this. The women are the most to be picked. The vampires just take away their choices. But as you can see, they are mesmerized about them. I think they are just cruel and viscous creatures with no mercy.

The vampires walked around us, picking each girl or women they like. I kept my cloaks hood around my face. I've done this before. A tight, cold arm yanked my arms towards his muscle body, "What are you hiding?" His accent was strong. British. The vampire tugged my cloak back, holding my black hair in the process. He smirked at me. I only glared at him. The hatred running a course through me. "Does anyone know this girl?" He asked the crowed. A girl spoke up, "She the farm girl!" I looked away. No one likes a farm girl. "How old?" He asked the girl. I snapped my head towards him, wanting to stake him. Before he could answer a familiar voice called to me, "ADURA." My younger brother. I was wide eyed, "Landon! No go back to the house! GO." I squirmed in the vampires grip. "I cant leave you!" I shook my head at him. Stubborn 13 year old. "GO LANDON." He was crying but he obeyed. When he left I turned towards the vampire and kicked him in his favourite parts. He howled and I took my chance to run. When I looked back a man I've never seen was watching me with bright eyes. I tore my eyes away and ran to the farm house. I didn't get far. I was tackled to the ground. Before they could kill me, he spoke, "Stand down." His voice was amazingly sweet. The man kneeled down in front of me. "Your going to come with us. You brother too." I was wide eyed, begging. "No, no not him." He shook his head and looked at the guards. I screamed and fought with them but they were too strong. The farm house behind me was silent. I wont see that house again.

I blinked a few times, casting the memories away. "Adura, where too?" Landon asks behind me. Syphera sitting behind him with her arms around his waist. "Home." I said without looking back at him. Sadness was evident in my voice but i'd never let it show.