Chapter 15

Chapter 15

There are only two reasons why there could be birth control tablets in my underwear draw:

1.       I take birth control to prevent being pregnant

This can’t be the reason because I’m still a virgin.

2.       I take birth control because of painful cramp

This can’t be the reason because I don’t suffer painful cramp.

So why are they in my draw?

“What’s taking you so long?” Juliet says as she walks out of the wardrobe. Her eyes stare at the item in my hands.

“Why do I have birth control in my underwear draw?”

“Erm… you see… the funny thing is… is that… they’re mine”

“What are your contraceptives doing in my underwear draw?”

“They’re… erm… spares”

“Why do you have spare contraceptives in my under-”

“Look, one time you were having bad cramp so I lent them to you.”

“I never get bad cramp and you know that”

“Well you did one time and you kept them here just in case you ever got bad cramp again. End of story. Now let’s go and get ready. I’d be surprised if the guests are still there.” She says and walks back in to the walk in wardrobe.

It still seems odd. But who am I to question my sister. I trust her. So I put the pills back in the draw and follow her in. I put the red dress on and Juliet zips it up at the back. She then sits me down and does my make-up. Once she has finished she curls my hair.

“There you go, beautiful.”

“Thanks, and not just for this but for everything.” I say and embrace her in a hug.

“Stop or my mascara will run” She says and we retreat from the hug. She takes me by the hand and leads me out of the bedroom and along a hall way. I start to hear people talking in the distance. It’s only now that I realise that I’m nearly at the top of the stairs about to meet people that I don’t know yet they know me.

“Ready?”

“Ready as I’ll ever be”