Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Have you ever had that moment where everyone stares at you? Well I have and it’s happening to me right now. Everyone’s eyes are on me and I’m shaking as I hold on to my sister.

“Calm down, you’ll be fine” Julie whispers in my ear trying to comfort me but it doesn’t work.

 I have a terrible feeling that I am going to fall down the stairs and make a complete fool out of myself. In fact I’ll probably make a fool out of myself during the night anyway, falling down the stairs or not.

I can feel all types of eyes on me, but the main eyes I can feel are jealousy and love. I look around and spot the jealous eyes. It was a girl in a yellow dress. I didn’t recognise her, then again who did I recognise at this party.

I look around again and spot the love coming from the blue eyes that make me go weak at the knees. I couldn’t take my eyes off of him it was like our eyes were glued to each other. And all my fear of falling down the stairs or making a fool out of myself had vanished from my mind. All I could think about was him and how he was looking at me. It made me feel special, wanted and loved.

Once we finally made our way down to the bottom of the stairs. Niall took my hand and brought it up to his mouth and kissed it. He then kissed me on the cheek and whispered “You look so beautiful” in my ear which sent shivers down my spine.

“Thank you” I whispered back.

“Any time gorgeous” he said and winked at me then turned to look at everyone. “Thank you everyone for coming to Carson’s welcome home party. As you all know Carson has been in hospital for the past 2 months due to a car accident.” Niall started to rub his thumb over mine as our hands were entwined together. I looked up to him to see he was staring right back at me with a tear in his eye. I reached up my eyes and wiped it away.

“Tell them.” I whispered.

He then looked back into the crowd and continued. “But what you don’t know is that Carson has memory loss, she can’t remember the last four years of her life, which means she can’t remember the majority of people who are here tonight, including me.” He chuckled but let another tear slip from his eye. “But the good news is she is gaining some of her memory back” He said while smiling and the crowd clapped. “So again thank you all for coming tonight and supporting Carson, her family and myself as we go through this, it won’t be easy but with your support it will be worth it.” He then grabbed a glass of Champaign off the table and raised it in the air. “To Carson” Niall said while looking directly at me.

“To Carson” The crowd repeated.

“Now if everyone could make their way to the garden we can get this party started.” Niall said.

The crowd started to disperse from the hallway and started to wonder around the house. They know this house better than I do.

He then led the way into what looked like out living room. It was quite modern with plain white walls, a brown three piece, pictures on the walls and a mirror in the centre as well as a coffee table in the middle. It was nice, but it didn’t feel right. Niall then opened the double doors to the garden to see the acres of land and a huge white tent which all the people were going into.

 “Why do we have a circus tent in the garden?”

“It’s an event tent” Niall chuckled.

“And it’s in our garden because…”

“Because I don’t want people in our house snooping or causing a mess and I’m sure Gina doesn’t either.”

This is ridiculous we can’t even have a welcome home party in our own home it has to be in a circus tent miles away from the house. Okay maybe I’m overreacting after all Niall did do all of this to make me happy and to show me how much he cares.

We walked into the tent and there was table and chairs and even space for people to dance. Everyone was spread out and Louis was at the DJ booth holding up the microphone looking at Niall. Niall gave a nod and Louis gave his a cheeky smile.

“Now let the party begin” Shouted Louis and he ran to the speaker and started playing some music I didn’t recognise. I think it sounded like Katy Perry singing about a tiger roaring. Wow music has changed in the last 4 years.