Risky Business

Mike

I have to convince Chyna to take this job. It's a quick way to get money for the both of us. I text her.

Me: I'm outside, can I come in or u comin out?

Chyna: You can come in.

Me: Ok.

I go in the house and up to her room. She is laying across her bed. She leans up and I lean down to kiss her.

"So have you thought about all this?" I ask.

"Yeah, I don't even understand what I'm supposed to be doing, though."

"Sean and Chris want to explain that to you." I tell her, which makes it a lot easier. At least I don't have to.

"What time they tryna meet?"

"In like 2 hours."

"Okay...." she pauses, "I'll go," she finally says.

She gets dressed and we go get food to kill time. By the time we finish, it's time to go meet them. We make our way to the club.

"What is this?" She asks.

"It's where you're gonna be workin', just follow me" We go down to the office. Justin, Sean's son and Corahn, his nephew, aren't around, they usually hang out in the waiting room of the office. We go right in.

"We'll take her from here." Chris says.

I look at Chyna. "You okay with that?"

She swallows hard. "Yeah, I'll be okay."

"Okay," I say, unsure if I should leave, "I'll be outside in the waiting room."

When the meeting is over, Chyna comes out. She storms past me. I get up and follow her, I grab her arm, turning her around to face me.

"Babe.....wassup?!?!"

She snatches away. "You want me....to be....a STRIPPER?!?!" She clenches her jaw as she says every word.

"Lower your voice." I say.

"Uh uh! Fuck that! You could've at least gave me a hint...some type of warning! Instead, you bring me in this GODDAMN club and have those two explain it, so YOU wouldn't have to!"

"Chyna, I didn't know how to tell you..."

"Mike, I told you once before, I'm not your ho! You pawn me off to your 'friends', as a piece of your little get rich quick schemes and I've let it go on for too long...I'm not some cheap piece of jewelry that you can just SHOW OFF, serving no purpose, having no value. I'm a person...and I deserve to cared about, I deserve to be loved....JUST LIKE YOU!"

"You KNOW its not like that. I DO love you."

"It IS like that, and it's obvious you don't if you would put me in a situation where I have to take MY clothes off for strangers for...for a quick dollar." She said back, her voice lowering down to a whisper at the last part.

"Listen...I care about you..."

She cuts me off. "Don't give me that bullshit! You don't....all your selfish ass cares about is YOU."

Her words cut deep.

Chyna

I can't believe this. He keeps telling me he loves me but at this point, I don't know who he's trying to convince: me or himself. How dare he? I know all of this yelling and screaming is pushing him. The things I'm saying are pushing him....to his limit. His temper is about to come out and I'm gonna have to pay. He turns red and then he grabs me and pushes me against the wall. Hard. I look away from him. He grabs my face. We look in each other's eyes. Deep.