Chapter two

(Spider-Man's POV)

"Anything yet?" I asked the agent sitting at the computer the desk I was leaning on.

"No, no yet. I swear it's like they just...disappeared. Sorry Spider-Man." She sighed.

I scowled. It's been five months since the Sinister Six had disappeared with Ava, we haven't found anything. I sighed, turning around to face the screen.

"I'll email one of the scientist down in the lab for a sample of Doctor Octopus's tech. I'll see if I can hack into it so I can track him. My current trial on Lizard is still in processing." 

"Sounds good." I smiled, trying hardly to sound as upbeat as possible.

I nodded. I felt someone snake their arm around my shoulder. I frowned, already knowing who it was. 

"Hey Spidey." I heard MJ croon. 

I shrugged her arm off my shoulder.

"Hey Spider-Woman." I spoke normally.

"What are you doing?" She asked.

"Trying to pinpoint where White Tiger is." I shrugged, that's a priority everybody was given and supposed to be working on.

She groaned, obviously annoyed.

She tried to take my hand, but I pulled it away. 

I couldn't imagine any kind of romantic moment or relationship with her...at least not anymore. Her rejecting her role in trying to find Ava and brushing her off as nothing but a burden, didn't really help her case. 

"Come on tiger. Let's go somewhere quiet. Take a break. We are wasting so much time on trying to find Ava that we don't have down time. Honestly, she's such a burden." MJ siad tugging at my wrist. 

I rolled my eyes, quickly becoming annoyed.

"We just started MJ, and Ava's not a burden. She's the reason I'm alive, and stop calling me tiger." I said pulling my wrist away from her.
"Fine." She spat as she stalked away.

I rolled my eyes. We haven't seen ANY trace of the Sinister Six or Ava for months, and it was my fault. I fell for Oc's plan, I let him take my powers, and I didn't try to physically stop the Sinister Six from taking Ava. I pulled my mask off in defeat and sighed. Many agents and hero's have been speculating that Ava was dead...I just couldn't think like that...She needed to be alive.

"WEB HEAD!" Nova called.

I turned to see my original S.H.E.I.L.D team running towards me- well flying in Nova's case. Tiger wasn't with them... Even though she's been gone for months it still doesn't feel right.

"What's up?" I asked, glancing at them before turning back to the screen. 

"We saw them." Power Man smiled.

"What?!? Where?" I asked, turning as everyone stopped what they were doing. I felt my heart beat accelerate. We could bring her home. 

"Main Street, but she's not with them..." Iron Fist sighed sadly.

Everybody turned to me as my heart slowed. I knew this was a step forward, but it wasn't what I originally wanted. I wanted to find them all at once and get her back right away.

"We still have a chance at finding her. Lets go." I ordered.

*Time Skip*

I landed in front of Kraven and looked at him hands on my hips.
"Cool Party. I didn't get an invitation..." I said looking around at the damage.
"Spider-Man. She was right. You would come." Kraven laughed sinisterly.

I noticed my original team come up behind me as the Sinister Six  came up behind Kraven. The main thing I noticed was that Ava was not here.

"Um... What now?" Power Man asked scratching his head.

"Enough blabbering! Charge!" Doc Oc snapped.

They advanced on us.
"Aw man! I thought we were friends! First you don't invite me to the party, you never write, and now you attack me. Im starting to think you don't like me!" I teased as I swung away from Kraven only to turn and kick him in the back, sending him flying.

"Ouch. That had to hurt." Nova smiled as he blasted Octavious and Scorpion.

Iron Fist and Power Man had pinned down Lizard as I turned back to Doc.

"Let's go. We have what we came for." Oc ordered, they all hurried away with Batroc the leaper tied up along with the frightful four, as the Lizard launched Power Man and Iron Fist into Nova and I. We all sat up and groaned as they disappeared.

"Um. Did they just save New York?" Nova asked.
"I think they did." Power Man asked.
"What?!?" I exclaimed.