Chapter five

I blinked my eyes open. Mj was sprawled out a few feet away from me.
"T-tiger?!?" I called out.

She was gone. My heart sunk.
"Spidy? Mj groaned.
"Here." I said walking over to her.

I helped her up and took a step back.
"Can you believe her?"
"What?" I asked.
"Attacking us? Who does she think she is?"
"At least she didn't beat someone who was already down."
"You're really mad about that?"
"Yes. We don't know what she's been through over the past months."
"It doesn't matter! She can't just show up-"
"Yeah, well neither can you MJ! She would never had done that to you if you were in her place!"
"Why do you care so much about her?  You've known me your entire life, you've known her since sophomore year! Five years."
"And your point?"
"Wow. Let's just go back to S.H.I.E.L.D."

She lept off  the building and started towards the Hellacarrier. I leaned over the edge of the building and stared down the path where Tiger and the six took off. Nothing. I closed my eyes and fought back tears. I almost had her. I could've saved her, I didn't even get to see her mesmerizing face. My breath hitched as I realized the feeling of her arms around me had long faded.... possibly forever.

I took off for the Hellacarrier, all I knew was I needed to feel that again.

(Tiger's POV)
"I can't believe they got you!" Oc raged.
"Yeah well, I got away. No harm done. It's better than losing Kraven." I finished, sighing in relief that I didn't gag at that sentence.
"The Tiger speaks truth Doctor. We got our prey. That's what matters."
"I suppose you're right."
"I gotta say, that Spider chick looked familiar."
"It's Carnage." I said.

Everyone went scilent for a moment.
"And the other spiders?"
"Web warriors, the suit is from Tony Stark, the smaller one is from a parallel universe and the other is agent Venom."
"Venom?!?"
"Yes."
"I thought Carnage and Venom were destroyed!"
"No. Their emotionally attached to their hosts."
"Not for long. Get some rest White Tiger, we move out in the morning."

I nodded and made my way to my unit. I locked the door and pulled off my mask, running my hands through my hair in defeat thinking of Peter.

He was right there. We could've kidnapped him, he didn't even care about what we were doing, he went in blindly trying to save me. A tear escaped my eyes as his lingering touch faded completely. I didn't even get to see his beautiful dorky face.

I changed into my PJs after taking a shower and laid down. I lifted my finger tips, letting them lingering over my lips slightly, fighting to remember Peters forehead against them. I slowly sketched his face out in my mind, falling asleep.