Chapter 35

Darkness had risen. What was once a beautiful vinegary-coloured sunset was now a blanket of pure blackness above Lauren's head. Scattered around, shining stars dazzled in contrast with the darkness, making themselves clearly noticeable and bringing small gathers of light. Reluctantly, her feet shuffled across the lifeless road as she shoved her hands into her pockets, not knowing what to do with them. Once she reached the other side of the street, she paused outside of the freshly painted gate of Camila's house, glancing at the window where light flashed spontaneously from the front room. Should she do this? Specially after what she said to Camila? She hadn't really meant what she said, she was frustrated and she needed something to keep the girl away from her; no matter how much it hurt. Like Ally explained, her parents had cut her out of their lives, so why should she still live by their ways?

Lauren stepped forward and travelled slowly to the Camila's front door. It felt like years since she had been here. She raised her fist to the door and took another break as she felt herself beginning to shake slightly. This was risky just showing up at her house. Lauren took a deep breath in, then knocked on the door a couple of times. What felt like forever, Lauren waited for an answer (hopefully from Camila) and just when she was about to leave, the brunette opened up. Camila swung open the door, not excepting her ex to be standing on the other side and her face completely dropped.

"Lauren?" Camila muttered in disbelief after a long silence of exchanged stares.

"Hey..."

"What are you doing here?"

"I... well... urh... my parents kicked me out." Lauren stammered, quickly breaking the news to her. "Oh, and school too."

"Oh my god... are you okay?" Camila asked with a soft tone, leaning lightly on the door.

"Not really, to be honest." Lauren frowned, glaring at her fiddling feet as she bit her lower lip. "But Ally has took me in, fortunately."

"That's nice of her."

"It is, but I didn't just come here for pity." Lauren began, keeping her awkward stare at the ground. "I know I'm always screwing up, even when you're there for me and I lash out or push you away, but now I don't care anymore. At first, I was scared of my parents, I was terrified of their judgment or the outcome of them finding out, but they're no longer in my life and I've only realised that I don't need them. I don't need people who won't accept me for who am I and it seems as if I've been blind this whole time, because the only person I ever needed in my life was in front of me..."

"Lauren..."

"Wait, let me finish." Lauren responded politely. "I've treated you like shit ever since the accident, because of my parents. I've said so much horrible things to you and... you still cared about me, you never resented or stopped trying. You fought for me, Camila, and I took it for granted. When I said 'you ruined my life' that was the biggest lie I've ever told, because you made my life. I was so reckless before you and without you, I go off the tracks again. What I'm trying to say is, you are the best thing that has ever happened to me and I want another chance, because I lov-"

"Babe? Who is it?" A voice yelled from the other room as footsteps began to approach them swiftly. Lauren's face dropped when she recognised the person. "Woah, you were the person at the party!" The brunette snarled, wrapping her arm around Camila protectively and taking a step forward intimidatingly.

"Ariana, it's fin-"

"She called us a faggot!" Ariana argued back, glaring holes through Lauren as the green eyed girl recalled memories from that night. "What do you want?"

"I was just speaking to Camila." Lauren mumbled, glancing back and forth from the pair.

"Yeah, baby, we'll only be a few more minutes and then we can go back to watching films." Camila smiled adorably, pecking her cheek lightly and battered her eyelashes.