Chapter 1 {Uncertainly Love}

A/n: So, this is my very first chapter of Secret Admirer! It's going to be shorter than the rest probably, I'm not sure. But, I can promise you that the story will get better, this is just the introduction. I've never written an actual book, just imagines, so we'll see how this goes. Enjoy!

Mike walks into the vacant math classroom. He's the first student there, since his English teacher always lets his class class out early and all of the other students in regular English aren't in Advanced Math. He hopes for a second that Will, Lucas, and Dustin will come walking through the door at any second, but he knows it's only wishful thinking, as the Advanced English teacher typically holds their class until the bell rings, sometimes even longer. Mike had received a C in English last year, much to the dismay of his mother, which is the reason he's sitting in the class alone, friends stuck in a classroom down the hallway, waiting impatiently to be dismissed.

Mike sits down in his assigned seat, which he momentarily thanks God is beside Dustin. He swears he'd never get through English class without at least one of his friends sitting near him.

Though his English skills can be rocky, he's rather good at Math. Unfortunately, however, Mike has despised math since he first became aware of its very existence. Will is excellent at it, Mike remembers fondly. Actually, Mike corrects himself, Will is excellent at everything. One truth that Mike has come to accept about himself is that he loves Will. Well, he's not entirely sure that he loves him, but he does know for certain that he likes him deeply. More than a friend. Way more than a friend.

About a minute after Mike sits down, the bell finally rings, and the rest of his class comes trickling into the room. What was once peace and quiet is filled with all types of commotion and chatter. Will sits down in his seat, which happens to be across the room from Mike. Mike has found that he doesn't mind all that much that Will sits across from him because he can easily stare at the brunette without him realizing. It's something that Mike has realized that he likes to do. A lot.

"What is a supplementary angle?" The monotone teacher asks the class. Mike is hardly listening, zoned out, and eyes not-so-coincidentally pointed in Will's direction.

"Wheeler!" She scolds, and Mike is broken out of his trance.

"Stop staring at Byers and answer the question. What is a supplementary angle?"

Mike feels his face begin heating up as red as a tomato. He's suddenly glad that Will likes to talk about this shit so that he can show her that he had been "paying attention", though truthfully, he hadn't been. Something about proving adults wrong gives Mike a flicker of serotonin.

"Supplementary angles are angles whose sums add up to 180°." Mike says confidently, smirking as he receives a death stare.

"Correct, Wheeler. I apologize for thinking you weren't paying attention."

"It's fine, Ms. Rose. And just to let you know, I wasn't looking at Will, I was looking at the board behind him. I was reading the definitions." Mike smirks once more, proud of his excuse.

"Very well then, Wheeler. You've surprised me." She says in a voice matching her words, her very own smirk sitting atop her lips. She returns teaching, and Mike returns staring.

Mike likes to admire Will. He doesn't know if he loves him, but he knows that whenever he looks at him, he gets a feeling of possession. An urge for Will to be his and only his. Mike had thought up the perfect way of achieving this dream the other night. Secret admirers are such a classic trope, he'd be a fool to not give it a shot. In fact, Mike thinks, it's a perfect plan. Being a secret admirer means that Will won't know it's him, but it'll still allow him to voice the feelings he's been holding in for months. He decides as he's watching Ms. Rose write a formula on the board that he might as well start writing his first note tonight, when he finally gets home after school.