Chapter 4 {Ninja}

I got grounded because I made my mom super late for work, so I couldn't update yesterday. I hope that's okay❤️

Mike's P.O.V.

Being suspended sucks. I mean, yeah, you get off of school, but you're grounded and you don't get to see your friends. My mom won't let me do anything really, I can't go into the basement or play with my toys, just read my comics and draw. This has given me some time to write my secret admirer notes for Will, and think of what's the matter with him.

I've made 3 notes so far after being home from school, even though it's my first day of being suspended. I have no idea how I'm going to get these to Will everyday, I might have to sneak into the school. I mean, there's not a security camera, and they leave the doors unlocked. Maybe I could, but I have no idea how I'd get past my mother. I move from looking out my window, and flop down on my bed. I let out a large sigh, I'm so bored.

"Micheal honey I'm going to the store. If I find you've gone into the basement, or left this house, you're going to be in trouble. Do you understand?" The last sentence reminds me of Eleven. I kind of miss her, as a friend. "Yes ma'am." I say and she nods, coming over to me and kissing the top of my head. "I'll see you in about two hours okay? I love you." "Alright. See you later mom, I love you." And with that she leaves. I listen for her car to leave, and I grab my second note. I'm going to sneak into the school. I'm a freaking ninja.

I creep around making sure my dad isn't home, he's not. I then go out to my garage and grab my bike. This might be a bit more complicated than I had imagined. Before I get on my bike, I check my note one last time:

Dear Will Byers,
I don't know if you thought the last note was real or not, but it was, and it's true. I think you're absolutely perfect. I love the way you style your hair. I love your hazel eyes, and thin nose. I love your plump, pink lips, and the little beauty mark above them. I love it when you blush and laugh and smile. I love how you'd never hurt anything, how nice you are. You always put everyone above yourself. I understand if you think this is a little creepy and stalkerish, but it's really not, trust me. I really like you Will Byers, I truly like you more than a friend.
Hint #2: We are friends, and talk to each other frequently.
Love always,
Your secret admirer

I smile satisfied with my note, and stick it in my jacket pocket. I hop onto my bike and race off towards the school. I'm a little worried but not really, because like I said earlier, I'm a freaking ninja.

Once I get close to the school, I hop off of my bike and lie it on the ground so it's not too obvious. I sneak around to the double doors that are really close to Will's locker. That wasn't hard. I look through the window to make sure that nobody is in the hallway, and no one is. I just hope a janitor doesn't notice me. I open the door only the necessary amount, and squeeze myself through the door.

I go up to his locker, 715, and place the note through the slots in the top of it. I smile, I'm so good. I'm such a great ninja. I really should be one. All of a sudden I hear footsteps. I run to the doors and yank them open running down the pavement. Once I get on my bike I pedal as fast as possible rushing to get home before anyone spots me, and before my mother does.

Once I arrive at my house, I place my bike back in the garage as close as possible to where it was originally. Hopefully my mom won't notice. I then run upstairs and flip open one of my books, I know my mom will be home soon.

About 5 minutes later, I hear a car pull into our driveway. I look out my window, and sure enough, it's my mom. I lay back down on my bed and grab the comic book again, so I don't look suspicious.

Will's P.O.V.

I hate not being able to see Mike. I mean, yeah it's only 3 days, but that's 72 hours, and that's 4,320 minutes and that seems like a really long time. I had to get stitches near my lip yesterday, 5 to be exact, but no where else. I mean I did fall on a rock, and it was a pretty big gash, so I'm not very surprised.

As soon as the bell rings I run to my locker. I just want to go home. Whenever I open up my locker, there's another note that falls to the ground. I pick it up and stuff it into my book bag before anyone could notice. Maybe I'll ask Mike about this later. I mean I trust him the most and I like him, so maybe I'll tell him I'm gay. I mean, Mike wouldn't hurt me on purpose, I'm sure he'd understand.

I go to my bike, not bothering to wait on any of my friends before taking off. Maybe I'll stop by Mike's house, I know he's grounded, but I really want to see him. I decide that I shouldn't visit him, he could get in more trouble or I could get in trouble.

I pedal home and go to my room. I really feel like crying right now, about everything and nothing at the same time. So, that's what I do. I sit on my bed sobbing, about nothing in particular, just everything that has happened. My dad leaving, my dad abusing me, being stuck in the Upside Down, getting bullied by Troy, getting fought by Troy, being Gay, liking Mike, my anxiety, my PTSD, throwing up slugs, just everything.

I want Mike to be here. I want him to comfort me. I want to spill my feelings and thoughts to him, but I can't. I can't because it's ruin our friendship. I can't because then nobody would like me. I can't because I'd be all alone if I did.

I grab the note I stuffed in my locker and read over it:

Dear Will Byers,
I don't know if you thought the last note was real or not, but it was, and it's true. I think you're absolutely perfect. I love the way you style your hair. I love your hazel eyes, and thin nose. I love your plump, pink lips, and the little beauty mark above them. I love it when you blush and laugh and smile. I love how you'd never hurt anything, how nice you are. You always put everyone above yourself. I understand if you think this is a little creepy and stalkerish, but it's really not, trust me. I really like you Will Byers, I truly like you more than a friend.
Hint #2: We are friends, and talk to each other frequently.
Love always,
Your secret admirer

I'm now crying for a different reason. I can't tell if this is a prank or not. I've got trust issues not to mention I doubt anyone thinks this of me. (Two tøp references in one sentence) I mean yeah it made me smile and blush, but I don't think it's real. Deep down I really want it to be, but I don't think it is. No matter what my "secret admirer" says. I mean if it is, maybe I should start thinking about who it could be.

That's how I spend my entire Thursday night, thinking about who this could possibly be. Mike is a possibility, even though he might be completely straight. I'm not sure what Mike's sexuality is to be honest. I hope it's bisexual or pansexual because otherwise I'm screwed. I mean yeah he dated and kissed Eleven, and he hasn't been with a guy, but he hasn't been with another girl either. So, maybe there's a possibility. I mean, he's my friend and we talk to each other frequently, and he has brown eyes. Maybe, just maybe.

Who am I kidding, it's definitely not Mike. Like Mike would ever like me like that, I wish. I sigh and put the note under my bed with the other one, going to sleep.

This one isn't very eventful, but I'm tired and I have a bit of writers block.
Also my father now knows about my ST fan acc on insta (hit me up @ohschnapp.wolfhard) and he now follows me, and he will be looking at my posts. Help me.