Chapter 5 {Guessing Game}

I've got a st fan acc on insta: @schnipperschnapp hit me up

So it's actually been over 4 months since I have updated this book. I am so so so so so sorry. There's no excuses, I just haven't been on here in a while. I think the ending might be coming soon because I know how I want to do it, I just need to work out the minor details. There might only be 1 or 2 more chapters, I'm not sure.

Mike's P.O.V.

The suspension has lifted. It's Friday, and I didn't give Will any other notes because I couldn't get out of the house. I also want to give him time to work out who it might be. I know I've only given him 2 notes, but I'm confident he'll figure it out. "Micheal honey, we're leaving in 10 minutes!" My mom shouts up at me. "Thanks mom but I'm going to ride to school on my bike with Will and Dustin and Lucas!" I shout back at her. "Okay honey. Don't be late!" She hollers. I grab my bookbag and head out of my house. I pick up my bike and pedal towards Mirkwood. Will is waiting there on his bike.

He looks dashing in a plain white tshirt with a red and black flannel wrapped around his waist, a pair of jeans, and a pair of light brown Timberlands. "Hey Mike!" He says. "Hey Will!" I say probably a little too excitedly. "I-We missed you so much." He tried to cover up, but I still heard him. Maybe Will likes me back?

"I missed you guys too. It's weird not seeing each other for a few days." He nods his head. "Yeah I know." His face darkens as he looks at the ground and I can tell exactly what he's thinking. "I'm so sorry Will I didn't mean to upset-" "no Mike it's okay really. I should be over it by now. I'm just a coward for not being." I hate when he talks bad about himself and he does it all of the time. "Will you're not a coward. Do you know how brave you were during that, and you still continue being brave. You never gave up. I know if that had happened to me, I'd have just let the Demogorgon kill me, but you, you kept fighting, and hiding, and trying to get us to find you. Then, when you get home, you pretend that you didn't go through the most horrible thing in the world. Will Byers you're the most brave person I know." I say looking him right into his eyes. His gaze shifts downwards again. "Thanks" he whispers shyly before hopping on his bike and pedaling towards school.

Will's P.O.V.

I place my bike delicately into the bike rack before speeding into the doors of school. I have the overwhelming urge to tell Mike about my feelings for him that I've finally come to terms with. I love Micheal Wheeler. I can't let myself do that. I know I was thinking that he might be my secret admirer, and the way he was talking to me today kind of seemed like he might like me, but who would like me? And why?

I speed-walk into the math classroom and sit down in my designated seat that is happily across the room from Mike. I start writing down the notes on the board, wanting to look like I'm busy so that none of the boys try to talk to me. I really can't be bothered today.

*time skip*

I walk quickly outside of the doors to my bike, not waiting on Mike, Lucas, or Dustin. As soon as I get on I hear a voice that belongs to the one and only Mike Wheeler. "Hey Will, wait up! Would you uh- would you wanna come over today?" He asks shyly rubbing the back of his neck. I immediately blush and my eyes get wider. "Uh yeah I'd like that. What time?" I asked fiddling with the handlebars of my bike. "Oh I uh- I thought you could just come over now. I mean if that's alright with you." He says quickly and I nod. "Yeah sure. I'll just need to call my mom when we get to your house to tell her I'm staying over there for a while." "Oh yeah sure." He says walking with his head down over to his bike. Why do I make everything so awkward?

Mike's P.O.V.

Why do I have to be so awkward when I'm around him. There's no way in the world that he likes me, and here I am being an awkward little freak. I get on my bike and start following Will who is already in front of me. I don't know whether or not I should just tell him I like him or just wait until he figures it out...