Chapter 12 Wasted

=============Drake=============
I went to see how the surgery was going. Apparently Shadow had already taken out everything that stood between her and Giuseppe's heart.
  "So Shadow." Alex called her. "Why exactly did you ditch the medical school to become a wood-carver?"
  "I had second thoughts about it and decided that I should follow the family business." She answered as she cut the vases that kept the heart attached to Giuseppe.
  "Really? Your family has a wood-carving business?" He inquired.
  "Yeah. So what? You think that it's a shitty job? Must I remind you who has a scalpel?"
  "I'm just saying that it isn't a normal family business."
  "I grew up in Canada. What did you expect?"
  "That's not a good reason to drop medical school!"
  "Can you just shut up? I'm trying to concentrate."
  "Why are you avoiding my questions?"
  "DAMN IT! SHUT UP!! Or do you want me to kill you?"
  "Like you did with Aiden?"
  "That's it. You're dead."
Their discussion was making me lose my nerves. And when Aiden was put into it, I couldn't hold it. I exploded.
  "ENOUGH!!" I screamed. "Shadow, just cut the darn heart out so we can leave. Alex, you stop trying to tick her off. I'm full of you people fighting! Aiden was murdered. But everyone is innocent until proven otherwise."
I don't know if my words actually made any difference, but the two stopped arguing.
Shadow continued to cut Giuseppe's heart out. And when she did:
  "Shouldn't you be wearing gloves or something?" Steph asked.
  "Why? It's made of hard plastic. No harm can come out of it." She answered.
  "Really? So we just use it to open the door?" I asked.
  "No, this one is bigger than the lock. But it does have a small clasp. Maybe if I open it... Oh."
When she opened it, a folded piece of paper sprung out and fell to the floor.
  "Well, that's that." Alex said. "Hey, what's that golden card in there?" He said when he looked at open heart.
  "Hmmm. I have no idea. But it has a strange looking S in it." Shadow detailed.
  "Strange looking... AHAA!!" Alex shouted. "We need to get to the elevators."
  "Ok, but first we have to get out. And this piece of paper has the password for the box with our key." Stephanie said, trying to read the paper she unfolded.
  "What does it say?" I asked.
  "It goes like this: 'Together we make 18, the first and last complement each other. From right to left, missing one, we make a famous sequence.' That's all." She answered.
  "How many numbers do we need?" Shadow asked.
  "Four." Stephanie answered.
  "Ok, now we need famous sequences. Which ones do you guys know?" Alex asked.
  "Does 1,2,3,4 count?" Stephanie asked.
  "It is a sequence, and it is famous. But it won't work." Shadow explained.
  "2,4,6,8?" I suggested.
  "It sums 20. But the extremes do complement each other." Alex said.
We spend some time trying to figure out the sequence. I asked Shadow to see the golden card to see why Alex wanted to get to the elevators that much.
After a couple of seconds, I noticed the 'strange s' he got excited about.

It looked a bit with the musical symbol, but this one wasn't that curved. "It definitely has less spirals." I thought to myself. And then I had an idea. But it could wait a bit because then it hit me, that was the symbol on one of the scanners next to the elevators. We needed to go quickly.
  "Hey guys!" I called. "How about Fibonacci?"
  "Fibonachos?" Steph asked to be sure.
  "No Stephanie. It's a sequence. You start with a 1 and sum it to itself, after that you sum the last to numbers to get the next." Alex answered.
  "It goes like: 1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21 and so on and so forth." Shadow said.
  "Wait! Say that again!" Alex told her.
  "What? 1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21?"
  "DRAKE!! YOU'RE A GENIUS! Stephanie, give me the box."
She handed him the box and he started inputting the numbers.
  "So, here it is. The 1st and last complement each other. And apart from 1, it is a famous sequence. It wasn't talking about one number, it was talking about the number one!!" Alex explained. "So, the code should be 8,5,3,2."
As soon as he put the last number, the box unlocked. He opened it and took the heart out. Luckily it too was made of hard plastic. So no real organs were harmed.
  "Quick! To the door!" I said.
We rushed to it, Alex with the key-heart in his hands. He pushed it into the socket in the door. We heard the unlocking sound and Shadow pushed the door open. We followed the path and we found ourselves on deck D.
  "The hell? How come we're on deck D? It was supposed to be underwater." I said.
  "Well, I have no idea. But since we're here, we should explore." Alex said.
We looked around the deck a bit, the path to deck C was blocked off. Opposite to the elevators was a strange looking set of double doors. They were white and had 3 small hexagonal holes in it, forming a triangle. On the lower part of the door, patterns made of small elevations.
  "It's braille." Alex said. "Maybe it says what to do to open this door."
  "Ohh great. Now we need someone who knows how to read braille." Shadow complained.
  "Don't worry. I'm here." Alex raised hid hand. "I had to learn in order to enter the detective academy."
  He knelt down to read. But it didn't work out the way he wanted.
  "Alright!" He said.
  "What does it say??" We inquired.
  "I have no idea. It's in German."
  "How do you know it's in German?" I asked.
  "There's a beta in the middle of the word."
  "You know how to fuc... Right, kid in the room... You know how to flipping read braille but not German?" Shadow pressed him.
  "Hey!! Calm down!" I said. "There's no need to fight. We need to find someone who knows German."
  "No need." She replied. "If Braille-Boy here can't do it, I can. Just tell me what's written."
  "Since when do you know German, Shadow?" Stephanie asked her.
  "Since 8th grade. Now if you please."
Alex starter spelling the message and Shadow wrote everything down in her tablet so she could translate later.
When they finished, Shadow starter reading and re-reading it many times.
  "Ok, I got it." She said. "Roughly translating, it goes like this: 'In order to open the great door, you must bring in this sequence, 3 objects. The right one starts with B, the left, starts with W and the top one, with G. Three, Nine, Four, Two.' That's all."
  "So, we need 3 hexagonal objects to open this door. One starts with B, one with W and one with G." I resumed.
  "How about a bolt?" Stephanie suggested.
  "Maybe it will work. But now we need to find the others. And test my theory." Alex said.
We turned to face the elevators and stood in front of the left one. Alex took out the golden card and passed it through the reader that had the same S that was on the card. The elevator door open up for us and so we entered.
Shadow pressed the 'Deck C' button but nothing happened.
  "Guess deck C is out of bounds for us." She said.
  "Try deck A." I told her.
Same thing. The elevator stood still.
  "So all this stupid card did was open the elevator door??" Shadow felt betrayed.
  "There's still deck B." Steph said as she pressed the button.
The doors closed and the elevator began to rise.
It took some minutes to get there. And during those minutes, my tablet vibrated. It was Rebecca.

'Could Magnus have the way to open that box?' I thought to myself

The doors open and we found ourselves in deck B.
  "Hey, there's no way to get to deck A, right?" Staph asked.
  "Not by elevator. Why?" Alex answered.
  "Maybe the next doors are there. You see, we've been through every deck now. There can't be much more left." She said.
  "You underestimate the size of this ship." Shadow added.
We stood in front of the elevator for a couple of minutes until Rebecca and her group came from stairs.
  "There you are!!" Rebecca said as she headed our way. "I thought I would find you on the stairs. Why are you next to the elevators?"
I told her and the others about Giuseppe and the golden card with the S. Obviously I left out the part where I found the wooden box.
  "Ok, now, we need to find the others. We still have around 6 hours to get out." Bryan said.
  "Then we should go to the Break Room. I told Magnus and his team to wait for us there." Rebecca said.
  "Right. Let's go. Time is of the essence. It can't be wasted." Dylan said.
==========End of Chapter=========