Chapter 8

Shawni was finally back from suspension and Asia and Ebony were back under her wing.

"What's up bitches?" Shawni smiled.

"What's up?" Asia and Ebony spoke in unison.

"Yall know I can't wait to hear all of the crazy shit that's been going on around here fill me in."

"Anybody seen Stacy?" I asked.

"Shit, she's probably still in the hospital." Shawni laughed dapping Asia's hand.

"So what's up? What are we doing after school? Plus Kevin and Jordan said they wanna chill with us." Shawni stated.

"Chill?" I questioned.

I was a virgin but I knew what they meant by chill.

"Yea, let's do that." Ebony spoke.

"That's cool with you?" Shawni asked.

"Umm, yea." I lied.

We all agreed to meet up after school and went out separate ways.

I sat in the back of class scrolling down my Instagram timeline.

"Can I go to the restroom?" I raised my hand, hoping to be dismissed.

"Yes." The teacher spoke.

I hurriedly left the boring lecture and walked down the hall. My eyes were glued on my phone before being unexpectedly shoved into the janitors closet.

"What the fuck?" I muttered before turning around and realizing who it was. A smile instantly broke free.

"What are you doing Lamar?"

"I gotta ask you a question." He smirked.

The small room had a dim light hanging from the ceiling and was filled with cleaning supplies.

"Well, make it quick." I spoke covering my nose from the strong fumes.

"Come here." He spoke pulling me closer to him.

His breathe was minty from the fresh gum that he chewed. Staring into my eyes, he played with a singling string of my hair before stepping closer to me  so that we were chest to chest.

"Let me take you home today." He stared down at me, anticipating an answer.

I nodded my head yes as my eyes narrowed down to his smooth lips. As if he could read my mind, he closed in but then the door flung open and I broke away from Lamar, noticing a janitor with mean scowl on his face.

"Get outta here!" The janitor spoke mugging Lamar.

We both left the small room. I could see the janitor staring at me through my peripheral vision. When we were half way down the hall, I glanced back to see if the janitor was calling the principal but he was still standing there.

"You almost got me in trouble." I spoke pushing Lamar.

"But I didn't."

"Whatever."

"Don't forget you're riding with me today." He spoke walking away.

I turned around and made my way to my original destination, the bathroom. When I walked in, I saw Stacy staring in the mirror. Her face was covered with healing bruises, she had a black eye, and scratches on her neck. She instantly noticed me walk in. I broke the eye contact with her and made my way inside of the stall. After waiting for her to leave out of the bathroom, I peeked out of the stall to see if she was waiting around but she was gone. Quickly, I washed my hands and made my way back to class. I wasn't scared of Stacy, I just didn't want to see her like that. I felt bad for my actions but I couldn't take them back, even though I wanted to.