Chapter 11

Lamar kept a straight face during the game. He'd never smiled on the court, but I guess it was apart of his balling demeanor. When he noticed me sitting in the stands, I waved and he nodded in my direction, much more focused on the game.

Monica and I sat in the stands watching the game and conversing. "Lamar is playing good tonight."

"Good is an understatement."

"Get off of his dick." Monica pushed me with her elbow, while laughing.

I glanced at her with all seriousness before revealing my secret. "We're kind of together now? But not, I don't know what to call it. I spent the entire weekend with him."

"Really?! When did this happen?"

"Two weeks ago, to Lamar."

Her eyes were as wide as saucers, as she glanced at Lamar, and back to me.

"And you're just now telling me...."

"I haven't told anyone. You're the first to know."

"Well, don't tell anyone else or your business will be all over the school!"

"Monica, I tried to lose my virginity."

She nearly chocked on her soda, when hearing my statement. "What the fuck?"

"Listening to Shawni's ass! but we ended up just talking instead..."

"Why? What happened?"

"Well, he just knew I wasn't ready. We did have a dinner date he set up. He's so romantic, Monica."

She glanced at Lamar, who was now sitting on the bench, wiping his sweaty face with a towel. "I hope he's was worth it, Bre."

I shrugged, nonchalantly because at that point, I didn't know if he was. Although we shared memories and moment through the weekend, we hadn't talked much after it, I wasn't even in a relationship with him. I still didn't have my phone and wasn't sure if he had been calling me. It was hard to reach him between classes and our opposite school schedule. During his time on the bench breaking from the game, I saw him bump hands with Kyra, who was cheering in his direction. Jealousy filled me.

After the game, Lamar came out to the parking lot to stand with me, since Monica's mother was picking us up. He was smiling happily after another win and excited to see me. "What's wrong with you?" He asked, quickly sensing my attitude frustration.

"I'm just tired."

"You want me to take you home?" He asked as thunder crackled causing me to jump.

"Her mom should be here soon. Don't stress yourself."

"What do you mean by that?"

"I mean, I'm not trying to make you do anything you don't want to do."

"It's just a ride..."

"No it's not just a ride." I snapped before collecting myself. "Her mom's on the way..."

"What did I do to you?"

"Nothing... I'm just frustrated."

"If it's about Kyra... I was just bullshitting-"

"It's not about her."

"Then what is it?

"It's about us."

"What about us?"

"Come on Bre, there's my mom!" Monica spoke, glancing back.

I began to walk off but Lamar pulled me closer to him. "Call me, aight?"