Quinn

I wasn't unconscious. I just pretended. I needed to know what was happening. Now I was going to escape this house of horrors once and for all. I grabbed a wet cloth off the ground. It was wet and cold and dripped all over the floor. I shuddered. Ew. I placed it gently on my neck where his claw had pricked me. I let it sit then I wiped the water droplets off my neck with my sleeve. Then I tiptoed to the door and peeked around the corner. Hugo was sitting down, muttering things like "find out""secret" "not dead" "no excuses". I turned around and went towards a door that said "EXIT" in bright red neon letters. I pushed it open and felt a rush of cool wind on my face. I stepped out. As soon as I stepped foot on the pavement, I dashed off. I needed to get away as fast as I possibly could. My feet pounded against the pavement. I tried to catch my breath, but it was impossible. My shirt snagged on something, and I just ran more and it tugged lose, I mean it ripped more than tugged. Then, once I got really far, I turned a corner and caught my breath. I breathed in deep, shaky breaths. I collapsed to my knees and sat. Boy, what a run! I laughed a little, then stopped. I needed to find shelter so I can be safer. An alleyway was not safe. I heard some laughter nearby.

I ran towards it. It was a young girl and boy, siblings I assume. The little girl saw me and let out a shriek.

"Stranger Danger! Adam! Stranger!" called the little girl. The boy, Adam, I assumed, grabbed the small girls hand. The boy waved timidly at me. I slowly walked over to the children. The girl screamed.

"I don't want to hurt you. I would never hurt or kidnap a child or anybody. I must warn you. Warn you of a boy who may be coming after me," I whispered.