Chapter 18

New chapter as promised :) Sorry for any mistakes.

-

"Ha! You have to get snacks now."

Robin smirked when he beat me at rock paper scissors. Again. I was going to suggest that we play best five out of nine, but he and Emery would probably force me to buy everyone snacks anyway. After taking orders from my needy friends, I was off to locate the concession stands. Dean was nice enough to not order fifty things unlike the two malevolent dictators that coerced me into this task.

Halftime was about to end, so I had to rush to get everything if I wanted to get back before the third quarter started. We were playing UCF, so it was a pretty intense game. They were up by ten, but I honestly didn't care because I could finally relax: midterms ended yesterday. No more intense studying for a couple of months!

Emery had a good idea for once and suggested going to this game after her irritating, albeit successful, attempts at convincing me to go to that trivia thing. At least I was interested in watching basketball, though I'm sure she regretted coming with me once Dean and I started a running commentary on every play, score, and turnover. At least this time I got to be the annoying one.

Finally finding the stand that sold nachos, I positioned myself somewhere in the mob of people that congregated near the food.

Unsure of myself, I shyly asked the two girls in front of me if this was the line.

"Unfortunately, yes," the blond one said, turning around. I chuckled politely.

"I just hope we get back to our seats before the game ends," a familiar voice came from the brunette.

"Camila?"

-

I was having great luck today. What's next? I'm gonna run into Lucy tonight? We were both in disbelief as she turned around. Her wide eyes were contrasted by her friend's furrowed eyebrows and tightly drawn lips.

"Wow, Lauren who would've known that we'd run into each other, again?" The statement would've been condescending if I didn't know any better. She was just genuinely shocked.

The surprise on her face was quickly replaced by a grimace. This wasn't weird at all.

"Well, it is a Miami home game, and I used to play basketball, remember? So I guess it'd make sense that we'd see each other." I paused. "Who's...?" I began, gesturing at the confused girl who stood next to us.

"Kelly," she said before Camila could respond. I nodded, trying to make her name stick in my head. I'd probably forget in the next five minutes.

After we finished our introductions, things weren't as awkward. I thanked God silently when I found out they didn't sit anywhere near my friends and I. As much as I didn't want things to be weird between Camila and I, they still were and that wasn't going away anytime soon.

"You here with anyone else?" I asked, hoping she somehow dragged Ally here tonight too. I hadn't been seen all my best friends together in one room for months, and with everyone being so busy all the time, we'd probably only get to see each other during winter vacation and the summer.

"Nope, just me and Kel. We're visiting family for the weekend. It's crazy how she only lives like ten minutes away from me all this time, but we just met a couple months ago."

"I know right," I agreed, thinking of all the people I've met who are from Miami but I've never seen before until going to college.

"Who else goes to Miami besides you, Lucy, and Vero?" Camila asked politely.