Chapter Five

So sorry its taken so long for me to update. I've been working on a very personal story to which I'm not sure if I'm gonna post because it's so personal but hopefully I get to work on this one more. 

Thanks for reading and let me know what you think PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

Also I added a picture of Yvain. Check it out

**********************************************************************************

"None of them?" King Renan asked. "You didn't like any of them?"

She shook her head. "Father you know I only want to help the people and to do so I must marry but I won't marry someone I don't like. Besides I don’t think I’m ready for marriage. You know with my birthday coming up the last thing I want to think about is finding a husband."

King Renan sighed. "Well if you didn't like him then the people probably wouldn't either." He paused. "Yvain I know Kalen has been talking to you but I want to speak to you about it also. As you know our people have been cursed for hundreds of years. We are bound to human forms, but in order to break the curse a female Fallen must come of age. Like your great-great-grandmother you are the only female Fallen. If you come of age then we will be free.”

When the Dragons was born it was rare for it to be a female. They were held every highly and the males fought for one as a mate. The Fallens were the same. Yvain was the only female Fallen. The last female before her had been her great-great-grandmother.

"Father I know how important it is for me to survive," she replied.  "I'll do everything I can to live and have children. I'll break the curse, I promise."

He smiled down at her sadly. "I know you will Little Yvain, I know." His smile wavered. “I know you probably don’t want to talk about it but I did see you with that one boy. You were we very close. Have you taken a fancy to him?”

“No, I barely know him. Why do you ask?” Yvain was surprised that her father had paid any attention to her. Normally he was off enjoying the party himself.

King Renan chuckled. “Dear Daughter did you really think people didn’t notice you two were opposite? Normally I wouldn’t have thought about it but by the way Taler was glaring at him and how at ease you were with him I thought you knew him, though I have to admit I’ve never seen him before.”

“He’s new to the city,” she explained. “I know Taler doesn’t like him, but then again he’s so sure he’ll be king that I’m sure he doesn’t want me close to anyone else and also he doesn’t like the man. When I first met him Lero attacked him and the whole thing was a mess. Taler didn’t like him before we danced and I bet he hates him now.”

“So does Taler have reason to be threatened?”

Yvain laughed. “That guy is so hot and cold that I’m not sure he knows what stable means. Besides I don’t think he cares for me.”

“But do you care for him?”

Normally a daughter wouldn’t talk to her father about guys but Yvain and Renan were different. Even though Yvain had a mother she didn’t treat her like a mom, more of the woman that birthed her. It was partly due to the fact that Yvain was Fallen and her mother was a human and also her mother couldn’t care for anything but herself and Yvain hated it.

She shrugged. “I don’t know. I don’t really know him to tell and Kalen didn’t like him. From the one time he saw him he told me to stay away from him.”

“Well Kalen probably knows what he’s talking about.” King Renan put a hand on Yvain’s shoulder. “You have enough to worry about so don’t worry about some boy. You have time.”