Chapter Eleven

“Ryn,” a voice said stirring Yvain from her sleep. “Ryn I need you to wake up.” A hand lightly shook her and she moaned but opened her eyes.

She had a clear view of the sunrise. It was beautiful with rays of orange and pink. “Oh my god.” She sat up and smiled. “It’s daylight.”

“Yes it’s morning,” Veren replied with a smile. “You know what that means right?”

Yvain returned his smile. “I get to live and go home.” She turned to look at him. “What does that mean for you? You’re mission was to kill me and you didn’t.”

He shook his head. “Don’t worry about that.” He wrapped an arm around her shoulders and pulled her over so he could kiss the top of her head. “There was never a chance for me to kill you.”

“What do you mean?”

“I’ll explain later but for now let’s get you home. I’m sure you’re ready to see your family.” He helped her up and headed to the mouth of the cave that now was clear.

“You know my name is Yvain.” She smiled after him. “Princess of the Fallen.”

Veren turned back to her with a smirk. “And I am Veren, next king of the Dragons.” His body shimmered before he transformed. Now in the sunlight she could see him. He was as tall three story buildings and a beautiful shade of purple. Two horns curved up from the top of his head while more ran down his back to his tail. His purple eyes blinked down at her waiting for her to climb onto his back.

Shaking her head Yvain moved to do as he wished though she had to figure out how to climb up that high. He lowered his body down and she found out that she could use his leg and hoist herself up to his back.

His wings beat and she felt their strength. They were huge and forced them up as he used his legs to push off and soon they were flying high above Venounce till it was gone.

As they flew she started to see other Dragons appear. At first she was worried at what it meant but Veren turned to look back at her and she knew it was ok till a girl dropped down in front of her. Yvain all but screamed. The last thing she ever expected was to see a girl fall out of the sky and land next to her.

“Hi I’m Henra,” She said with a smile. “Veren’s sister.”

“Nice to meet you.” She was unsure of what to say or do. Henra was beautiful like her brother. Long brown hair and such grey blue eyes that struck a power about her. “I’m Yvain…”

Henra giggled. “I know who you are. Everyone knows who you are but you’ll meet people later. For now we need to get you ready.”

“Ready?” Yvain felt her stomach drop. So she was going to be handed over to the Pures and they would do who knows what to her.

“Well you’re finally the first female Fallen to live of age. You can’t just return looking like…” She eyed Yvain. “Well like you do.” She pulled the bag off her shoulder and pulled out a dress. “Let’s make you look like the princess you are.”

Veren turned his head back to look and winked at Yvain. Henra on the other hand rolled her eyes. “Turn back around you idiot. You’ll have plenty of time to see her naked later.”

Yvain blushed. Would Veren really want to see her naked? She wondered and was answered by Veren chuckling. She clung to the horn in front of her still trying to get used to flying.

Soon after they finished getting Yvain ready, to which she had no idea you could get ready on Dragon back, she could see her cliff and then the city. She had been gone for a year and now her heart pounded in her chest. Would it be the same? What would the Pures do? Had she really broken the curse? She didn’t feel any different.