Prologue

"Inuyasha, you traitor!" Kagome yelled on the way back to the Bone-eater's well. She couldn't believe it! Inuyasha was with another woman! She thought that after Naraku was defeated and the jewel gone, she and Inuyasha would be together. He confessed that he loved her before the final battle. But she guessed that he really didn't mean it. Probably she will never believe in him anymore. After all, he was just using her to find the jewel shards. He probably wanted to become a full demon, but instead he let her have the wish. She didn't know why Inuyasha had betrayed her.

Kagome went off by herself to see Miroku and Sango. Luckily when she got there, she was able to give birth to Sango's twin daughters. But when she got back, she saw Inuyasha in their hut with another woman, rutting to be exact. She slapped him across the face and left the village. When she reached the well, tears began to fall from her sapphire eyes. Even though she wanted to stay, but she couldn't. Not with Inuyasha around. She knew that she if she left, everyone would miss her. Not mention that Inuyasha will try to follow her and ask her to forgive him. That was not going to happen. Maybe she'll spend a few days at home for a while. She got over the rim and jumped in.

As soon as she fell into the well, a different colored light surrounded her. It was a very light lavender color. Kagome was confused as she looked all around and saw nothing but the lavender light. Then she saw a figure walk towards her. It was a woman dressed in miko garments and an shield in front of her chest and shoulder pads as well.

"Midoriko." Kagome said in awe at the creator of the Shikon no Tama. She saw Midoriko a few times in her dreams. She wondered why Midoriko has appeared now.

"Hello Kagome." Midoriko said with a kind smile.

"Midoriko, what are you doing here?" Kagome asked.

"I have noticed that you seem unhappy in this era." Midoriko said.

"Hai." Kagome said, "Inuyasha betrayed me and played with my heart."

"I'm sorry, Kagome." Midoriko said with a sad look.

"It's okay. I guess it just wasn't meant to be." Kagome said. Midoriko walked over and hugged Kagome. Kagome quickly grasped onto her and started crying. She kindly smoothed out Kagome's long black locks; trying to calm her heart.

"Kagome." Midoriko said. Kagome stopped crying and lifted her head up.

"Hai?" Kagome asked.

"I'm giving you a choice." Midoriko said.

"A choice?" Kagome asked.

"To live in another world." Midoriko said.

"Another world?" Kagome asked, shocked.

"It is a world full of ninjas also known as shinobi. But there is a great evil, the Akatsuki, who will tip the scale between good and evil." Midoriko said.

"Are they really powerful?" Kagome asked.

"Hai. They have done unspeakable things. They intend to capture jinchūriki, humans that host a powerful tailed beast sealed inside of them, and soon they'll start a war that will cost thousands of lives." Midoriko said.

"They sound even worse than Naraku." Kagome said.

"Hai." Midoriko said, "I believe that a group of highly skilled shinobi will not be enough to stop them."

"You believe I'll be able to give them a winning chance?" Kagome asked.

"Hai." Midoriko said.

"If I do go, what will happen?" Kagome asked.

"You'll have to be reborn when you go into that world. When you get a little bit older, I will train you in your dreams." Midoriko said.

"I think it probably should be fair. I don't mind starting over. Literally." Kagome said with a small smile. She really didn't mind. Truth be told, she didn't mind having another adventure. Who knows, she might find someone for her.