Two Bright Suns

Koichi Uchiha sat on his apartment couch. Writing up his report on his last mission before handing it to the Hokage. He was surprised to hear about Kagome and Naruto getting a C-rank mission which turned out to be a B-rank. Kagome and Naruto told him, Hana, and Iruka about the whole thing. He was amazed to hear that Kagome was able to fight a jounin level ninja. A missing-nin none the less. He was also proud of Naruto as well. But he couldn't help feel pity towards Zabuza and Haku. From what the Kagome and Naruto spoke of them, they were shinobi that no longer wanted to obey the rules of the village. He was glad that Naruto was finding his own 'ninja way' as he put it. After all, there are some ninjas here that don't want to be seen as a weapon. Koichi Uchiha happens to be one of them. Perhaps Hana is right about the two of them. They will change the shinobi world when searching for strength. True strength.

When they first ask him to train them, he was surprised. To his point of view, they were a pair of kids who wanted to take the easy way to getting strong. Now that he realized it, they were trying to get stronger together in their own way. In a way, he was like a jounin sensei. He only wished he was their sensei. But Kakashi Hatake has that job. He was glad that he trained with them while he still had them. Not to mention that the two were able to impress Kakashi Hatake with their skills. He wondered who their masters will be in the near future.

Koichi didn't like Naruto at first. Some might think it was strange of him or hard to believe. The main reason was because he's an jinchūriki, a human who holds the nine tailed kitsune inside of him. The creature who was responsible for the death for most of his comrades. But Hana Higurashi changed his opinion of the little blond boy.

Flashback:

"Why are you taking care of that kid, Hana-chan?" Koichi asked with hatred in his voice.

"I made a promise." Hana said as she was making a bowl of salad for dinner while the kids were out in the woods playing.

"He is a monster, Hana-chan! He has the beast sealed inside, the one who killed our comrades! Doesn't that mean anythin-" Koichi began to say before he was interrupted.

SLAP!

"Take that back, Koichi!" Hana yelled with anger in her tone. Koichi stared at her with shock on his face.

"To you, you see Naruto-kun as a monster." Hana said, "But what I see is an innocent boy who doesn't have parents and no family. He's kept in the dark about them. The village treats him as the village scapegoat. That's a cruel way to treat a child."

"But why take care of him, Hana-chan?" Koichi asked. Hana's glare soon turned to a soft smile.

"He's like a little spot of sunshine. Actually, he and Kagome are like two bright suns. They brighten up my lonely life." Hana said, "I can see that they have something."

"Something?" Koichi asked, his brow arched.

"I can't really explain it. But it's like a light that burns brightly in any situation. Sort of like hope and determination combined. You can mostly see it in their eyes." Hana said.

Flashback Ends:

Koichi was speechless at the time. He couldn't remember a time when Hana would stick up for someone and speak highly of them. He knew that Hana had a soft spot for children, no matter who they are or where they came from. Kagome seemed to be the same as Hana. Kagome was always worried about Naruto's wellbeing. He remembered the time when Kagome was trying to look for Naruto after he was chased by some civilian boys. He regretted that he didn't get there sooner at the time.