Where were you when I needed you?

Waking up to Marianne's legs over my torso was exactly the reason we never slept together.
It was around 12 in the morning and my clothes was at the douche's room.
I grabbed an oversized jacket and went down to have cereal.
I moved around the kitchen like it was my own house. I placed my table and served my cereal.
Marianne came down and she made cereal for herself too.
"So what are you gonna wear to first day of school on Monday?" She asked raising her eyebrows and giving me a goofy smile.

Monday was the first day I was gonna see Jimmy after the whole summer. She always knew how to put me in a good mood in the mornings.

I blushed "I don't know, I just think that I must look hotter than usual."

"Or you could just write a sign that says 'I'm desperate' on your forehead".

Conrad was coming down the stairs. He had a stupid grin all across his face, like he was so smart. I just wanted to strangle him.

"Since when do dogs speak?"

As much as I would like to take credit for it, I did not said that.
Marianne had an infuriating look on her face, if I didn't know her so well I would tell that she was about to kill Conrad with one look.
But deep inside I knew, she was just hurt.

"Wow, why is everyone so nice to me? I should've came back earlier" He then glanced at me.
"I packed all your shit so you don't have to come to my room again".

"Actually Conrad.." Marianne stood up from her chair. I knew this was gonna go downhill from here. "that room, it's more her's than yours. What the fuck do you think this is? THIS ISN'T YOUR FUCKING MOTEL FOR WHEN YOU DECIDE WHEN YOU CAN COME AND GO! WHERE WERE YOU HUH? WHERE WERE YOU WHEN I WON MY TENNIS MATCH? WHERE WERE YOU AT OUR 6th GRADE PROM? WHERE WERE YOU WHEN I GOT MY FIRST HEARTBREAK? WHERE WERE YOU WHEN I HAD MY BLOOD DRAINED WHEN I WAS INTOXICATED IN THE HOSPITAL? WHERE WERE YOU WHEN MOM WAS DIAGNOSED? WHERE WERE YOU WHEN I HAD TO WORK TO HAVE FOOD ON THE TABLE WHEN DAD WAS FIRED?"

Marianne started crying. Their dad went through depression while her mom was diagnosed with cancer on the stomach two months ago. This cost him his job an Marianne had been working ever since until a week ago her dad managed to get a job at an important law firm as a coffee guy. He was promised a promotion when his boss noticed he could do more than mixing cream and splenda, the guy had a freaking degree in Harvard.
Conrad didn't get in touch with his family, or anyone for the last four years.

"Where were you when I needed you?" She asked softly. She started breathing more calmly and wiped her tears of her face.
"You don't get to talk to her that way since she was here when you were not, cause let me tell you something, she was more of a sibling than you will ever be". With that said she ran upstairs to her room.

I was about to go with her when Conrad grabbed me by the arm.
I looked at him and tried to give him a pissed look, but I saw his face. It had regret written all over it.
"I'm sorry" he said fixing his eyes into mine.

"It will take more than a sorry to fix the damage you have done" I said ripping my arm from his hand. I began going up the stairs.

"I didn't do anything" he said.

"It's not what you did, it's what you didn't. Don't you get it? You walked out on her when she needed you the most."

He stood in the kitchen, petrified. He had the look of a person who had a million thoughts in a second. He was pale and for the first time ever he was speechless. He passed both his hands though his hair and pressed them against his scalp. His muscles started to tense and suddenly he was not sad nor worried nor just standing there stupidly, he was angry.

I honestly fell sorry for him, I could feel his desperation to find a way to fix things with her sister.

As much as I wanted to help him, I knew Marianne needed me at that moment, so I went upstairs to find her hugging her pillow and crying.

I knew it had been hard for her, her parents at some point borrowed money from her. Her mom's chemos had to be suspended because of the lack of money.
She was the man of the house when Conrad wasn't there.

She gave me a smile with her green watery eyes "Are you supposed to snot this much when you cry?"
I grinned. I knew she could only be serious for a few seconds before she could be herself again. I started to scan her room and my eyes stopped at the black cloth.
Without a second thought I grabbed it and tied it around Marianne's eyes.

"What are you doing?" She said giving me a warm smile.
Normally she wouldn't let me do this, but given the circumstances I knew the place where she would feel better in no time.

I grabbed her hand and pulled her to my car.
"Get in the trunk" I said opening the trunk of my blue Audi.
"What?!"she raised her eye brow at me
"It's part of the show. Get in the trunk or I'm not taking you anywhere".
Marianne got inside the trunk with my help since she was still wearing the black cloth.
Finally I get to run crazy things for a change.
-------------------------------------------------------
Sorry for taking so long to write.
I'll post two chapters more later tonight.
Thankyou for reading my story. If you have reading suggestions make sure to message me or write in the comments.
Lola