Chapter 6

Cole's POV

Around 3am I woke up to sirens coming down our street. It wasn't uncommon so I let it pass. I rolled over and was about to go back to sleep when I noticed Callie was gone! This was just going to get her in more trouble. How much mischief could this girl get into? I wasn't sure what to do so I just laid there debating whether to tell Rita or not.

Callie's POV

Rita hadn't noticed me so I quickly ducked behind a parked car. I wasn't really sure what she was doing sitting on the porch but I hoped no one had realized I was gone. After about 10 minutes I knew I had to find a way in before someone found out. When Rita was looking the other way I ran as fast as I could for the side of the house. Once there I hid in the shadows. Then I heard a door close as Rita went inside. I thought about going through the side window and climbing into the bathroom but I had no way up. I took my chances and climbed up the front of the house. As I stepped in Cole was standing right in front of me.

Brandon's POV

I was sound asleep until I heard murmuring coming from the hall. I thought about getting up but it was probably just moms talking. I let it go and soon fell back asleep.

- - - - -

In the morning I ate breakfast quickly and headed out for school. Jude was acting a little funny even for his mad self. I still wasn't sure what had gotten into him. In the car I asked him what was going on. He replied with a clueless "What are you talking about?" I told him I knew something was going on and he should just talk to me. Then he faced the other direction and ignored me. Typical Jude. The rest of the ride was quiet except for a couple comments from Mariana about the play. At school the day went by really slowly and all I could think about was Callie.

Callie's POV

Once I was through the window I just stood there. Cole started talking after a minute or two.

"What are you doing?" He asked in a hushed tone. "Do I have to repeat myself!"

"I went to go see Jude, okay?!"

"No it is not okay. You are just getting yourself into more trouble. What do you think Rita will say when she hears about this?" Cole turned, about to leave the room.

"No! No! I will do anything! Just don't tell anyone I have to stay here." I was whisper screaming.

"Fine. Than do something for me."

"What do you want?"

"Trust. Promise me you won't get in more trouble and support me 100% of the time. No sneaking out or seeing Brandon. You also have to stand up for me before I can get in a LGBT home."

I wasn't sure if I should agree but I knew for Rita didn't want to hear about this incident.

"Deal."

Keeping promises wasn't really my thing so I wondered how long I could follow what Cole said. I wish I could be the best kid ever. I wasn't though and had sudden rebellious outbursts. Until those were over, I had to stay with the group home. I was longing for a place with Brandon and Jude. Separating us just made me want them more.