Chapter 8

Stef's Pov

As I got in the car to go to work I couldn't help but think something weird was going on between the kids. I mean, Jude didn't want Conor over and was in horrible mood and Brandon had been quiet recently and always left early for school. What was happenning? For some reason I thought it had something to do with Callie.

Callie's Pov

Days at Girls United got really boring and repetitive but I was determined to get back to Jude before his secret 13th birthday. Recently I had been thinking about my life in the future and where I want it to go. I figured that even though I loved Brandon with all my heart but family came first. After deciding I would try as hard as possible to get back to Jude I felt really upset. I knew Jude was my brother but I loved Brandon and he was important too. Rita called everyone down for breakfast, so I made my bed and headed down the stairs. While walking down the hall I noticed Daphne sitting on her bed looking at a photo. I didn't fell like going down for breakfast with the rest of the girls so I walked in to the room cautiously. 

"Daphne?" I said as I knocked on the door frame. She didn't respond. "Hey can I come in?"

"I need to be alone." She said, not lifting her eyes off the photograph.

I approached her bed and looked at the photo. She was staring at a picture of two babies laying in a hospital basinet.

"Who is that?" I asked with a little too much curiosity in my tone.

She surprised me when she answeredmy question. "Emily and Joseph, my kids."

Her KIDS!!!???? I did not see that one coming. Daphne did come across as your typical loving mother. I mean after all she was only seventeen. I wasn't sure what to say so I just replied with a simple "Oh." That was probably who she was talking about when she said she needed to get out of Girls United. 

That reminded me that I also needed to get out of this foster home. I wasn't sure how I was going to talk to Steph and Lena about this on Visiting Day. Wait.. wait! Shit that's today! OMG! I quickly walk out of the room putting on a dark green long sleeved and my only pair of black skinny jeans. I bustled down the stairs, plopping myself at the table before any one could notice I had been gone. I at quietly and then eventually asked Rita about family day.

"So, what are we making for lunch?'

"Well we are planning on a big lunch with a little of everything. Our guests will arrive around 12:30pm. All you girls should be on your best behavior. I don't want to see any messing around."

Everyone nodded and went to put their plates in the sink. I went back to my room after cleaning the kitchen. When I passed Daphne's room she was packing her stuff and gazing at the photograph she had shown me earlier. What was she packing for? Was she leaving? I don't think so because Rita would have told us about that. Well I would find out sooner or later but as I looked closer it seemed like Daphne was just cleaning up. In my room I feel asleep and didn't wake up until I could hear Rita calling me from the dining room.