Infection

*Caution* This chapter has some strong language and gory scenes

--------

Harley lurched into her apartment, her bloody hand over her bullet wound. She went to the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of vodka before also grabbing her first aid supplies. She then collapsed onto her couch as she growled out in pain.

Harley had just arrived home from her 'outing' when she ran into the hero Nightwing. It resulted in her getting shot in the left thigh by one of Jokers men. So currently she was retrieving the bullet from her leg and dealing with the wound.

She slid off her heels, slightly wincing in pain as she took the lid of the vodka off. She rummaged through her medical supplies and pulled out an aspirin and quickly drank it with the vodka. She put the vodka aside and grabbed a pair of tweezers "cmon you can do it..." she mumbled to herself, just trying to build up her confidence.

After a few moments of hesitation she quickly dug the tweezers into her skin, howling in pure pain. She clenched her jaw and squeezed her eyes shut. "Fuck!" She screamed as she pulled the bullet out of her leg and placed it down on the coffee table with shaking hands. She panted and threw her head back, staring up at the ceiling. "That's not even the worse part yet..." she sighed and then looked back into the medical bag, pulling out the antiseptic ointment. She took a deep breath and opened the bottle, looking at the liquid inside the bottle. She pulled her shirt up and put the fabric between her teeth, bitting down on it hard. She then poured the liquid over the wound. She screamed out in pain as her body twitched at the pain. But obviously her screams was muffled due to her shirt in her mouth.

Soon the twitching stopped and the intense pained died down, letting Harley think clearly again. She took shaky breaths, slightly sighing in relief since the hardest part was over.

Once she wrapped a bandage around her thigh she limped to the bedroom and felt back on her bed. She was exhausted and wanted to sleep off the rest of the pain. So after about an hour of trying to ignore the pain, she soon fall to sleep.

--------

The next morning wasn't any better for Harley, in fact, she felt worse. She pulled the covers off her legs and looked down at her wound. The skin around the wound has began to turn a mixture of red and yellow. Blood and pus had also soaked through the bandages that she had applied. Harley reached her hands up to her blonde hair and pulled at it roughly as she laid back on the back "dammit!" She yelled. The wound had definitely become infected over night. At this rate, Harley would soon turn ill and even die. So she had no other choice. She needed someone to help her. So she grabbed her phone and texted Dick Grayson,
'Hey, I know it's early, but I need you. I'm not okay...'

--------

Meanwhile Dick was already awake and was getting ready for work. He stood in his kitchen as he flicked through the newspaper, sipping at his coffee. He heard his phone vibrate and he placed his mug down on the counter, pulling his phone from his pocket. As soon as he read her message he immediately put the mug in the sink. He then rushed into the bedroom to change out of his police uniform. He wasn't going to work today. He was going to make sure Harley was okay first.

He called up the BPD and informed them that he couldn't make it to work today. He then grabbed his keys and sent Harley a quick message,
'Omw!'

--------

There was a knock at the door of Harley's apartment but she was still in bed. "It's open!" She called out, hearing the door open. Dick burst into the room and looked at Harley, words seeming to just fall out of his mouth.

"What's wrong? What happened? Are you okay?!" He asked quickly. He didn't expect Harley to be this bad from a bullet wound that she had gotten not even 24 hours ago.

"It's my leg, it's infected pretty badly" she winced, pulling the blankets off her legs to show Dick.

"Oh my god..." he mumbled as he stared down at the wound. "I've got a first aid kit in my car, wait here. I'll have you fixed up in no time" he said as he quickly walked out of the room. Only to return a few moments later, "how are you with needles?" He asked as he knelt down beside her bed, pulling out a needle with a yellow liquid.

Harley gulped and looked at the needle. "I've had better encounters with needles" she admitted. But she let Dick push the needle into her skin. He injected the liquid and he pulled the needle back out, smiling up at her.

"All done. That should get rid of the infection. But for now, you aren't allowed out of this bed" he smiled and stood up as Harley nodded.

"Thank you Dick" she sighed and looked up at him. "I didn't want to interrupt your day, but I just didn't really know what to do" she frowned. Dick just waved her off and smiled.

"Non-sense, I'm happy to help" he said happily as he walked over to the door. "I'm gonna stay here for the day, okay? I'm gonna make you some breakfast so just relax" he smiled and walked out of the room.

It was weird. Usually Harley would always be out of bed and looking after Joker. She would be busy making sure everything would be up to his standards. Some times she would feel like his slave, but then again, Joker was a very busy man.