Footsteps

"Honey he's your son..." Selina sighed as she walked up to him. Bruce sat in the library on one of the couches. He held a random book on his lap as he flicked through the pages. Selina stood behind the couch and wrapped her arms around his neck, gently kissing his jaw. "You can't lock yourself up in here until he goes back to Bludhaven" she said softly.

It had barely been 24 hours and Bruce hadn't left the library after sleeping. This was the third book he was reading. "I know that Selina" he mumbled, not taking notice or caring about the affection that she was showing him. "And I will talk to him before he leaves" he said. Selina smirked and walked around the couch to stand in front of him, crossing her arms across her chest.

"I'll remember that. You'll 'talk' to him. No yelling" she said as she looked down at him. "There is nothing for you to be angry about. Your adoptive son is in love and it's your job to support him in the relationship" she said as Bruce grunted.

"How can I support their relationship? She's a villain" he spat, making Selina frown.

"Honey I think you're forgetting that I was a villain too..." she said softly. "I was the greatest thief. But you helped me become who I am now. You should be proud. Dick is following in your footstep" she smiled.

"Proud?" Bruce scoffed and looked up at her. "Harley's killed thousands of innocent people! You didn't. You just stole a few jewels and paintings"

"Joker made her kill those people... you know, Harley isn't that bad when you get to know her. And she's one of my friends, so I would appreciate it if you didn't talk so badly about her..."

Bruce looked up at her and placed his book aside. He then stood up and walked around her, heading to the door. "Then if she's your friend then you probably knew about the relationship" he mumbled. Selina sighed and followed him out of the library.

"I had no clue. I don't really keep in contact with Harley or Pamela. Sometimes we'll have a girls night. But Pamela has been busy" she shrugged. "I wouldn't keep something like this from you Bruce..."

"I know..." he frowned as he stopped walking, looking at Selina. "I just don't want Dick to get hurt, that's all. I don't want him to get disappointed or hurt"

"If he does, it's not your fault or your responsibility. He's a grown man and can make his own choices. He's not in day care" she sighed and placed a hand on his cheek gently.

"Do you trust Harley?" He whispered, placing his hand on top of hers. Selina thought for a moment as she looked at him.

"Yes... and I also trust Dick too" she said as Bruce nodded.

"Then I trust you..." he sighed and leaned down to gently kiss her forehead.

--------

Dick had fallen asleep in the bed with Harley as a movie played on the tv. Harley was cuddled up to his warm body, her head on his chest as she listened to his heart beat. The sound of his heart beat slowly drowned out the sound of the tv. It was just him and her in the quiet moment. Something that she seems to enjoy a lot.

But she sat up slowly, trying not to disturb Dick. She swung her legs out of the bed and saw the grey sweatpants that she wore. She knew exactly who's they were too. They were Dicks. She stood up as the sweat pants slightly fell down off her waist, they were just a little big for her. But she wasn't complaining. They were warm, especially with the hoodie of his that she also wore. She was glad that Dick was nice enough to give her a change of clothes.

Harley walked over to the en-suit and stood in front of the mirror, looking at herself. She frowned as she saw how 'terrible' she looked. But one thing she was relieved about was that the bags under her eyes weren't too dark.

She leaned over the basin and turned on the cold water. She tested the temperature of the water with her hand before she cupped some water in her hands and tossed it onto her face. She instantly felt somewhat refreshed.

After washing her face Harley walked back into the bedroom and over to the curtains. She pulled one side back a bit and peered out of the window. She was on the second floor so she could the backyard from a better view. The view was beautiful too. The backyard was Bruce's garden and there was sculpted hedges and tons of flowers. It was very well kept. She immediately thought of Ivy and how impressed she would be. Ivy could probably spend hours just looking at each and every flower.

But since Harley's had the curtain pulled back, some light flooded into the dark room, waking Dick up. But Harley didn't notice because she was too focused on the garden. Dick stood behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist. Harley slightly jumped but soon relaxed and leaned back against his body. "Sorry if I woke you..." she whispered.

"It's fine, I'm getting hungry anyways" he mumbled and kissed the top of her head. "Wanna head down to the kitchen and see if Alfred will cook something for us?" He asked. Harley turned around and looked at him nervously.

"I don't know if I can face your family... they hate my guts" she sighed.

"If they have a problem with you, they can talk to me" he shrugged and took her hand in his, giving it a reassuring squeeze. "Cmon, I'm sure you're hungry too"

"Only a little..." she sighed and looked up at him. "Fine... but then I want to watch another movie with you"

"Deal"

Dick and Harley was walking down the hallway heading toward the stairs so they could get to the kitchen. But as they walked, they ran into Bruce and Selina. Dick pulled Harley closer to him and Selina gently nudged Bruce.

"We are just getting some food" Dick mumbled as Harley coward down slightly.

"Selina show Harley to the kitchen, I want to have a word with Dick" Bruce mumbled. Selina nodded and walked over to Harley. Selina linked her arm with Harley's and began to guide her down the stairs and to the kitchen.