Chapter 9 Part 1

Raye

                                                                                                 Raye

2 months later..

Groaning as I stirred around in my sleep, I tried to get comfortable against my baby blue body pillow again. Succeeding, my phone started ringing a couple of minutes later making me want to cry. I can't ever sleep.

Frowning, I snatched my phone off of the charger, instantly slapping myself on the forehead because the new iPhone chargers break easily. This is my 5th one. These chargers suck.

Pulling my silk blanket up to my chest, I sat back into the pillows and slid the answer bar across the screen.

"Hello?" I answered, gearing nothing but silence.

"Raye, come back.." Checking my caller-id, I sucked my teeth.

"August, take your drunk ass to bed. You can't even drink!" Smacking his lips, he let out a nasty ass cackle afterwards.

"Girl, I'm 19. I'm grown." Rolling my eyes at his dumbass response, I closed my eyes hoping to fall asleep again.

"Raye, I need you. Come back, please?" He slurred. Huffing, I opened my eyes and stared at the white ceiling.

"No, you're just drunk. You gonna kick me out in the morning. Did we not just have that argument for nothing?"

"Please?" He begged. Sighing, I ended the call and got out of bed. I should've recorded the call cause he knows that he's gonna kick me out.

Once my feet hit the cold hard wood floor, I immediately ran to my nightstand for some socks. Slipping them on afterwards, I looked over my outfit. Grabbing some shorts, I looked for some Nike slides and slipped them on.

Snatching my phone and key, I waited for him to honk his horn, signaling for me to come outside. After 15 minutes of playing around on my phone, he was finally here. Cutting my light off and skipping down the steps, I heard his loud ass music. Once I was outside, I locked the door and sluggishly walked to his car. Getting in, he didn't even let me put my other foot in, before taking off.

"Why you driving?" I asked, turning his radio off.

"Cause ya scary pussy ass wasn't gone walk, anyways." He spat, making me smack my lips. He was right, but damn.

"OK Alsina.." I mumbled. Noticing that the car came to a stop, I looked out the window and scrunched up my face. Nigga has to be kidding me.

"August, you not bout to buy no damn drank!" I yelled, quickly covering my mouth, because everybody in front of this store heard me.

Sucking his teeth, he lightly pushed my shoulder. "Bruh, chill out with that yelling. Making me look like a punk." He mumbled, roughly opening up his car door.