| your parents don't approve of him |

nash:

And it was because he had been linked with other girls before, and they didn't want you getting hurt; being turned into something you weren't by the fans, or crumbling from the hate you were bound to get.

shawn:

And it was because he was famous, and his face was in tabloids and magazines, and was the guy, teenage girls obsessed over. They doubted that the relationship would last longer.

taylor:

He was a badboy, that one you weren't meant to end up with. Your friends had warned you about him, the boy with inked skin, cigarettes and piercings. Your parents thought of you as a young, sweet girl and they feared he might change that, but he didn't and he wouldn't.

gilinsky:

There was no real reasoning behind their decision, he was a nice guy, and they knew it; just didn't claim it. But they were your parents afterall and could control you. "Just didn't like him." were their only words, but that wasn't going to stop you from not loving him.

matt:

Your parents didn't like the idea of you growing up so fast, although you had. They didn't have anything against him, they just didn't want their little girl to grow up and take responsibilities of a relationship so soon.

johnson:

It was because there were rumors about him that weren't really nice to hear, especially for them because they just wanted their little girl to be safe. But you knew the real him and you loved him anyway.

cameron:

They thought he was using you to get into bed with him because of his appearance but that wasn't true and you knew it. He would never hurt you.

aaron:

It was only because how much you were in love with him and couldn't stay apart from him for one second and they were worried because you spent too much time with him and leaving school and studies behind.

carter:

They had always wanted you to be with your mom's friend's son but you didn't want that and you chose Carter no matter what.