Chapter 3

" That's very good, Myra," she said nastily. " Now, try it again without the stutter. Here let me help you, it's pronounced Am-ber, Amber." I glared at her, she was in a lacy white summer dress and flip-flops. The same clothes she died in.

   " What the hell are you doing here? " I asked, my voice low in case anyone could hear me. She gave a quick, mean laugh.

   " Oh isn't it obvious? I'm haunting you."

  " Why? Heaven didn't allow bitchy sluts?" I retorted. Her eyes, Once brown now glowed black and angry. In a second she was in my face.

  " Listen here, Bitch. You ended my life, literally. And what do you get in return? Sent to some nut house full of smoking hot bad boys. Oh that must be terrible." She spat, " Accually that seems like a reward, I'm here to make your life a living hell so that you'd wish you were dead. And let me tell you something, being dead is not fun. I can't feel anything but cold."

    " You were cold-hearted before you died." I mumbled to my self. She snarled and threw me into my dresser. The temerature in the room suddenly dropped, reaching down way past the negatives. So cold my bones ached. I shivered uncontrolably.

   " What's the matter Myra? You feeling a little chilly? Why don't you get under the covers?"  The quilt on my bed flew towards me wraping around my body and squeezing my till I could barely breath.

  " Stop!" I gasped. She laughed her hair blowing back wildly. The quilt squeezed tighter, and the cold didn't let up. " Please.... Stop!"

  "Please!" I nearly screamed. The quilt dropped, and I fell on my knees, gasping for air.

  " Next time think before you pick a fight with a ghost." She said, the propped herself down on my bed.

   " Jesus Christ."  I sat down on the floor and stared at her.

   " Oh, do not get me started on that guy. Said, and quote : ' Dear child, you must learn to forgive and make peace before you can move to the heavens. Hasn't death tought you nothing?' "

   " Holly crap! You met Jesus?"  My jaw litterally dropped.

   " Yeah. He dosn't really have beard. He's accually pretty hot." She smiled a bit.

  " Ewww! Gross, I do not want to hear you've got the hots for Jesus!"

 She laughed. " No that would be sick! That's like hitting on you're great ,great, great, great, Grandfather. It was just a description."

  A giggle ecaped my lips. " Wow, Amber. Just, wow..."

 She grinned, then her smile dropped, " I'm sorry for hurting you. It won't happen again."

 " I forgive you," I replied with utter sincerity. It was odd how just a few seconds ago she nearly strangled  me, and now we were talking like we were best freinds all our lives when really  were enemies till the end. And beyond apperently.

  " That doen't mean I'm going any where.'' She warned, " I'm still gonna be around to irritate the living crap out of you. You don't get off that easy." All my hopeful thoughts of friendship vanished.

" Fair, I guess."

 There was a moment of silence.

 " So," Amber finally said, " That guy, was,need I say, Delicious. And he seems totally into you."

 I laughed, " You really think so?"

 " Oh Myra, sweet, sweet, clueless Myra. He was dropping hints left and right. Mabey you didn't pick up the adoring smiles, the holding your hand, that sweet kiss on your sickly pale cheek, btw you need a tan. Or mabey it was the part where he actually said he 'liked' you."