Chapter 16

" So, some wolf chick knocks on the door and damands we move in with her. Yeah, you just met her, so we should totally trust her." David retorted. For once not looking on the bright side of things.

 " That's not exactly what happened!" Felix exclaimed, his calm facade crumpling.

" Well then tell us what happened Wolfy." Kate sighed, completely over the discussion. She didn't care where we were as long as we were safe and together.

" I don't know. She says I'm different than the other wolves. That I can't be alone, and I need a pack or The Others will come after us. It's to keep us safe." He said sounding calmer now, but you could tell it was strained.

" You do realize how lame that sounded right?" Amber smirked. " You're all ' the others will get us.' Really Felix?"

 Felix growled and stormed out of the room.

Everyone just sat there as if nothing happened. Like the most together person out of all of us didn't just explode.

I looked at James, he didn't even seem to be in the same room, let alone the same planet. His gaze was fixed somewhere far away. I sighed and chased after Felix.

 He wasn't anywhere on the upper level or down. I grabbed my jacket and headed outside. It was well past midnight and the streets were almost silent. A shocker for the Big Apple. The temperature dropped drastically. I was shivering after walking two blocks.

Where are you, Felix. I thought to myself.

 Then I saw him. He was sitting against a brick building, his head between his knees. The only thing I could recognize him by was his curly golden locks of hair. I walked over to him, and placed my hand on his shoulder. He was shaking, hard. He felt like a phone vibrating. He was breathing deeply.

" You okay?" I asked. He jumped at the sound of my voice. He wasn't crying, just frustrated. His form was blurry, out of focus. I relized what was happening.

He was trying not to change.

" Felix, calm down." I said sofly, rubbing small circles in his back.

 He shot up. " Thats what I'm trying to do!" He yelled. I flinched at his sudden out burst. He looked at me with wide apoligetic eyes. " I'm sorry." he said.

 He reached a hand toward me but dropped it instantly. " Sorry." He said again.

" It's okay." I said and stepped closer, he wasn't shaking anymore.

 "It's just, this could be a chance to figure out- to find out what- who I am. No one is taking this seriously. It's a joke to them. Even Amber, and she was there!" He looked down at the cement sidewalk his face scrunched up in frustration.

 I smiled lightly. " I take it seriously Felix, and trust me I'll be right behind you when we go. And Amber is Amber, she never takes anything seriously."

 He smiled lightly, his eyes looking up to meet mine, something inside my stomach fluttered. I stepped closer, there was about a half-foot of space between us.

 " I guess I over reacted." He said shyly, his gaze wandering to the ground again, smile falling. I couldn't take it anymore.

 I closed the space between us and wraped my arms around his broad shoulders. He stiffened, then tentively returned the hug.

 " You smell good." He breathed, I barely heard him, but his breath sent shivers down my spine.

 " What?" I asked. I wasn't sure I heard him right. He pulled away and blushed. He looked cute when he blushed.