Chen: My Household Wife

You groan at the mess the EXO boys left you yet again. Socks, chip bags, food, there was basically all sorts of garbage on the floor and couches. You pick them up one by one and scold, "You guys really need to clean up after yourselves! You aren't little 9-year-olds!" The boys ignore you and continue watching the soccer game, laughing and booing at certain times. You sigh and smile. Although your friends were in their 20s, they were still like little children, amusing themselves with various things in their everyday lives

Chen throws a banana peel on the floor and you yell at him right away, "Yah! Chen! Pick that up right now!"

He looks at you with his big, round eyes pleadingly, "Jagiya, can't you do it for me?"

"Aniya. No way. I'm not going to stick around with you guys for your entire lives. You need to learn how to clean."

"That's always what you say, but at the end you always clean the mess!" Sehun chimes. You shoot him a look and it silences him. 

"But jagiya, I know that you'll be with me no matter what." Chen pecks your hand and smiles at you. Darn it... This guy really knows how to get on my soft side... You blush and pick the peel up. 

"Just this once. This is the last time I'm spoiling you guys. I'm not your maid." You head to the kitchen to prepare lunch. It's always a pain to think of what to cook for them. Since they're usually on a strict diet, it's like their tiny treat when you drop by and cook a feast for them. After deciding on what the dishes will be at last, you go straight to work. You turn the oven on and start chopping the onions. They make you teary-eyed, and you wash your hands and wipe your tears. At this time, Chen enters the room and hugs you from behind, breathing on your neck.

"Jagiya, don't cry. I'm sorry. I'll clean up after myself next time, okay?" You turn to him with a wide smile.

"I'm not crying, yeobo. It's just the onions that's making me tear up." You wrap your arms around his neck. He brings you closer to him and kisses your neck. 

"______-ah! Are you done cooking yet? We're really hungr- oh, sorry..." an embarrassed Baekyhung apologizes. He turns around and leaves you two. "I won't disturb you guys. Continue on."

Chen chuckles and releases you. "Jagiya, lemme help you with cooking, alright?"

"Sure. I'll teach you what to do." 

                                     *                              *                              *

"WOAH!" all the members are impressed with the food. "You made that all by yourself?" 

"No, Chen helped me." You give him a little kiss on the cheek. "Komawo, oppa." They hoot and whistle teasingly and then start to feast. After the lively and rowdy lunch, you feel a bit lightheaded, and rest your head on Chen's shoulders.

"Jagiya, are you feeling alright?" he asks in a worried tone. "You didn't really eat anything."

"Mmm... I'm fine." you nod. Your eyelids feel heavy and you let them slide down. He puts his hand to your forehead to check for your body temperature.

"You're all hot and sweaty! You still call yourself fine?" He lifts you up by your back and legs and heads to his own room. Chen gently places you down on his bed and places a thermometer in your mouth. "Holy cow, 38.4° Celsius?" He strokes your hair. "Why didn't you tell me you weren't feeling well, jagiya? You've always taken care of me. Now it's my turn to take care of you." He pecks your burning forehead then gets up to leave. "Try and sleep for now. I'll make you some rice porridge. When it's done, I'll call you to eat it."

You close your eyes for what seems like forever...

His hand reveals itself above the water, and he reaches it out for you. The waves crashed against you like a giant, hungry sea monster, craving for its prey.

"CHEN!" you scream over the large currents. It was no use. The strong tides separated you two and no matter how loud you yell, he won't be able to find you, let alone save you. You yourself can't even save him if you wanted to. Suddenly, a corpse floats towards you and the waves cease. You frantically swim to the body and flip it over. It was indeed your lover. "Chen? CHEENNNN!"

"CHEN!" you gasp, waking up from the nightmare. You look around to your surroundings, and realize that it was just a dream. You slowly remove yourself from the bed and stumble into the kitchen.

"Chen? Baby?" You halt when you see him, cooking for the very first time. The kitchen was a mess, of course, but you weren't mad at all, seeing how his fingers were bandaged, no doubt from cutting them by accident while chopping food.

"Aish!" he exclaims when he touched the boiling pot. He puts his finger to his mouth and turns around. "Ah, you're awake? Wait just a minute. The congee's almost done." He removes the pot from the stove and pours it into a bowl from a height. It splashes him on the face and he wipes it off immediately, the heat leaving an imprint on his white, flawless skin.

You rush to him, "Chen, are you alright?" You chuckle at his clumsiness while brushing the liquid off. "Let me bring the food out. You can sit yourself down."

He slumps and heads to the table, while you put the bowls on a tray and follow him. You place them in the middle of the table and sit down with him.

"Jalmeokketsumnida," you say before you taste the porridge that he made. The fish was still a bit raw, and it was even too salty for seawater fish to live in. Despite that, when you see his hopeful eyes, you continue eating. "It's really good," you say untruthfully to him.

"Really?" He takes a spoonful and shoves it in his mouth. It wasn't even a second until he spat it out and gulped his cup of water down. "You lied to me! It tastes horrible! Jagiya, don't eat it anymore. It's going to make you more sick." He places the spoon back on the table and holds your hand. "I guess you should be the one doing all the chores from now on. Can you be my household woman?"

"Household woman? That sounds so old! How about household... hm..."

"Wife? Ha, you agreed, then! From now on, you're going to be my household wife." His forehead meets yours, followed by your lips. 

"Yah, Luhan-hyung, don't push me!" Sehun whispers to his hyung who's eagerly leaning in to hear what you and Chen were talking about. The whole gang was behind the wall, peering behind it and spying on you two.

"Sorry," he apologizes.

"Should we do something about this? They're kissing for an awful long time!" complains Baekhyun.

Chanyeol replies, "Naahhh, just leave the love birds alone. They look cute!" 

"My eyes are burning. When will they stop?" Kyungsoo asks, covering his "burning" eyes.

"Hush! They'll hear you guys!" Xiumin orders. They all stop and continue staring at you and Chen, who were still kissing.

You suddenly remember something and stop the kiss, "One thing, Chen Chen. You're going to have to clean that battlefield afterwards." You point to the disastrous kitchen and he scowls.

"Arresseo, my household wife."