Chapter 31- Sweetness

Returning home with Demetri and my mother, I opted to take a run in my wolf form. Demetri refused to let me be alone and after an hour of arguing with both him and my mother, I reluctantly conceded and allowed him to shift and follow me.

We ended up staying outside longer than intended as we played, and literally rolled down the side of a hill in a tangle of paws and tails and a mass of black and red fur.

Demetri immediately shifted back to his human form while I stayed on my side as a wolf.

"Are you okay? Did you get hurt?" He asked frantically checking my coat for injuries.

I closed my eyes and covered them with my paws because he's naked. He's very sexy but I don't feel comfortable looking at him.

"Did you hit your head?" He misinterpreted my covering my eyes with my paws as being an injury to my head.

Refusing to shift back to my human form because I would be naked, I could not speak to him out loud, instead i opened my mind and thought 'no I'm not hurt, please cover your self.'

In response to my statement, I heard Demetri's resounding laughter and I blushed in embarrassment then growled at him.

"I'm decent." He said and I felt his hand on my head stroking my fur.

I don't exactly trust him so I don't look up.

"Come on, I'm telling the truth this time, I've got a dress for you too so I'll turn my back and you can change and put it on."

Risking a peak through one eye, I see he's dressed in an orange jumpsuit.

What the fuck?! Orange jumpsuit like the prison suit.

I grabbed the dress in my mouth and tugged gently on it making him let go.

I moved to a spot behind a tree and shifted back into my human form, then taking the floral print dress, I shrugged it on then walked back to Demetri.

"Why are you dressed like that?" I inquired an he spun around and grabbed my upper arms, pulling me to him and checking me over for injuries.

I slapped him away with a brisk,  'I'm fine'.

Unable to resist, I ran my fingers over his face and his covered chest checking if he's alright.

He seemed to have caught onto what I was doing and let out a little chuckle, taking my hands in his and pressing them to his lips.

"Jessabell, I'm fine, I'm not as delicate as you are, love."

"I know." I said blushing at the direction of my wayward thoughts.

He's too muscular to be delicate.

"Let's proceed to the house, my prisoner." I said grabbing his arm and pulling him towards the house.

"We returneth." I screeched stepping into the house.

"Good, lunch is on the table." Mom said walking past Demetri and I without so much as a glance as she placed two large glasses of water onto the kitchen island.

"Thanks mom." I said, gulping down my water before taking my phone and checking my messages.

Five from coach Kerr, four from Rick and three form Dallas, all asking where the hell I was on Saturday.

Hospital apparently. No biggie, I'll call tomorrow.

"Let's eat." Demetri said, pulling out the chair for me to sit.

We had cheese burgers and pineapple juice, then Demetri followed me to my room and stayed with me while I studied. He even offered to help me with my trigonometry work.