"Chapter 1"

Chapter 1

I am currently walking to a small diner where I currently have my nightshift. It was open 24/7. In this world werewolves were rulers for decades already since the great war were us humans lost. It was an unfair battle, really. Werewolves have heightened senses and 10x stronger than us and add them their weapons and we'll totally lose. I sighed as I went in the diner and changed into my waitress outfit. I started cleaning tables as another pile of customers came in. Well.., this is gonna be busy night.. I sighed.

•~•4 hours later•~

It was 11 pm and we still have a few customers right now.. "How are you holdin' up, darlin?" My friend Teresa said.. She's an old woman in her late 50's. She has curly brown hair that reaches her shoulders and has white strands here and there, she's petite, she has green eyes and dimples. She's also the wife of the owner of this diner. They're mates, I guess.. She's human and He's a werewolf. "I'm fine Mrs. Acacia. We sure have a lot of customers today." I smiled tiredly at her. "How many times will I tell you to call me Teresa? Mrs. Acacia makes me feel very very old-" she laughed "-and yes we do. People are preparing for tomorrows annual visit of the King and Queen ya know. And I heard that they're taking the Prince with them!" She giggled. I shook my head and smiled at her..

Every year there's a feast for the once a year visit of the King and Queen in this town. And people and werewolves gather around to see them but not me. I've got work to do at my day shift. Gotta earn myself some money or I'll get kicked out at my apartment and starve.. And gotta pay for all those house bills. And tomorrow's gonna be a very busy day at work! I once again sighed and looked at the time. "Goodbye Mrs. Teresa, my shift's over. Cory's gonna take over soon." I smiled and she nodded. "Don't overwork yourself darlin'. Take some time to relax, Kay?" I nodded and went at the back of the diner to get my clothes changed.

After I'm done, I got my backpack and left the diner. I opened my apartment door, went inside and locked the windows and doors again. After that I went to my room and showered for at least an hour to relax my aching muscles. After that I brushed my teeth, dried my hair and wore my pj's. I set my alarm clock at 7am and went to bed.

•~•The Next Morning•~•

I woke up at the sound of my alarm clock and did my usual morning routine. I wore my black jeans, plain white v-neck shirt and my sneakers. I let my hair to air dry and got my backpack and went to work. I work as a mechanic at a shop. It's a 35minute walk from here. As I finally arrived, I smiled and greeted Tristan, my so called 'boss' "Hey Raven! I'm closing the shop for now, sorry for the late notice but we gotta prepare for the feast!" He scratched the back of his head and gave me an apologetic smile. "It's okay. I mean, it is the King and Queen." He smiled teasingly at me " Awwe~ Ray-Ray don't be like that. I know you're not too fond of our kind —except me and Maria of course— but you should atleast try going to the feast!"

"What makes you think I'm fond of you? You're a werewolf!" I said and He gasped dramatically and placed a hand on his chest pretending to be hurt. "How could you?! I thought we were friends! I'm going to tell this to Maria!" I laughed. Tristan has brown hair with green eyes. He's sculpted and handsome like every werewolf. He's currently 26 and he is mated to Maria which is 23 (same age as me) she's very sweet and kind. She has straight black hair, chocolate eyes and she has cute dimples! She's taller than me though..and very stunning. She's also a werewolf. "Yeah Yeah. Imma go and try to go at the stupid feast. Say hi to Maria for me!" I waved at him and walked away.

I guess imma roam the streets for awhile.....Nahhhhh... Imma have breakfast at Mr and Mrs. Acacia's diner. They have the BEST hot chocolate and waffles! I giddily walked there and entered the diner and sat at the one of the tables. "Hello Ray-Ray! Your usual breakfast I'm guessing?" Cathy smiled at me and I nodded. She walked away and got my breakfast. When she returned she placed down 2 waffles with extra maple syrup and whip cream and my hot chocolate. I smiled and said thank you then I dig in. Mmmh~ this taste so good~. Well while I'm eating lemme tell you about myself. I'm Raven Light, 23 years old, currently living at my apartment, my favorite food is waffles and cheesecake. And my favorite color is orange! And I do hacking for fun! I also can read Binary code and Morse code. I have blond wavy hair that reaches on top of my boobs and brown eyes. I guess my body's okay. It's actually average. And I I very much love it just the way it is and I have freckles on my face. Well I guess that sums it up. I paid for my meal and walked down the streets to see people buzzing around getting the feast ready and there were some people hanging up bandannas on every street. It was very lively. I looked at the time and it's already noon..The king and queen will be here in 30mins.. Time flies huh. I have never in my life have seen their actual faces because it's either I'm too busy working or I don't give a crap about this feast and rather stay home watching movies all day. I suddenly heard people cheering from afar..hmm..I guess the royalties are here. Their limo passed by  and I saw the king and queen waving but the prince was looking forward with earphones on his ears. But suddenly he tilted his head and looked out the car's window. We locked eyes and he has a startled look on his face. He mouthed 'mine' my way..

For Pete's sakes NO! NOT AGAIN!!

~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~•~
hey there guys who are currently reading my book! This idea just popped outta mah head and I was like yeah I'll try making it. So this is my very first book. Sorry for the wrong grammars! >~< I'll try my best at this book.. Next chapter will be soon! Also, thank you for reading this!. Leave a vote or comment if you like!😊❤👋