Chapter 14

Caccius' POV

I walked to my room to shower and got ready for my coronation. After I finished showering I brushed my teeth and fixed my hair. I went out to see the outfit my mother has picked for me. I sighed and decided to wear it. After I finished fixing myself, I looked at the mirror and smiled. Not bad.

A knock sounded at my door. I opened it and saw a maid to inform me that the coronation was starting. I dismissed her and went downstairs. Trumpets sounded as I walked in the throne room. The room was decorated with glamour and I was impressed. Kings, Queens, Princes and Princesses from other kingdoms were at the left and right side of the room. I walked down the red carpet as I searched for someone. Sadly I couldn't find her because many people were in the room. I looked forward and saw my mother and father side by side at their rightful throne. Looking mighty and powerful. While my brother was at their left side with his mate beside him. As I reached them I kneeled on my right knee and bowed as the crowning began.

× After the coronation ×

I was now crowned King. People dispersed to eat from the buffet as they sat at their respective seats. I stood up from my throne and began the search for my mate. She was nowhere to be seen. As I was looking at her, many greeted me and congratulated me. I smiled at them and said my thanks. Where could Raven be? I walked out from the throne room and removed my robe. I gave it to the butler that was posted outside the throne doors and I began the search for my mate. Damn that robe was heavy. I walked outside of  the castle grounds and started to walk at the small village nearby. I didn't one any guard following me as I want to be with myself while looking for my mate. I entered the busy village and saw people looking shocked and bowed my way knowing that I was now King.

I suddenly got a whiff of the scent of Raven and followed it til I was at the small picnic park of this village. I walked there and I saw her. She was playing with the other kids until they were all called to have lunch. When they were gone, my mate sat at one of the benches and stared. What is she staring at? I followed where her eyes were trained and I saw a mated couple across from her skating together at the frozen lake. Laughing and smiling. I look back at my mate again and saw a small smile placed on her lips while her eyes held a hint of envy.

She closed her eyes and just smiled. But it was sad.. 'Mate..comfort our mate.. Mate is sad.' I heard Sköll said as he saw our mate. I wanted to comfort her but she's still mad at me. I took silent steps towards her and sat inches away from her. She's on the other end of the bench and I was at the other. Well this is worth a try.

She opened her eyes feeling my presence beside her. She looked at me and her smile was quickly wiped away. It was replaced by anger, disgust, hatred, and sadness. Guilt started to build inside me again as I looked at her. She raised a brow and said at me snappily "what do you want? Are you ready to break the bond?"

I shook my head no and I stared at her apologetically.. "I'm sorry.. So so sorry.. I want to prove myself a worthy mate for you. I promise I'll never hurt you again. Give me another chance, please. I know that it seems like I'm always sorry and don't mean it but now it's for real. I want you to be mine. Please give me another chance." She looked surprised at first but it was wiped away again and was placed with hatred. It hurt, but I didn't let it show and I continue to look apologetic. Which I was. Our mate hates us.

'No. Our mate doesn't hate me. Just you. Stupid human. You better make up with our mate. I don't like seeing her sad anymore!' Then he quickly closed the link.