5

That night Alex got home late. She was supposed to be home by the time her dad got home, five thirty, but it was now six. She crept in dreading the yelling that was bound to come.
Just then, her dad walked in, a stern look on his face.

"What the fuck? You can't just casually come home a half hour late like this. Oh, and don't even start with the shit about your problems magi are friends!"
"But, please, I just..." She was cut off by a blow across her cheek. She looked up and saw her dads hand still raised. Tears poured down her face as she raced up the stairs, locking herself in her room. She heard heavy footsteps going up the stairs and stopping at her door.

"Alex, you better stop acting like a three year old and open this fucking door. I'm sick of dealing with all your freak show bullshit."

Alex sat against the door, crying even harder than before. She hated yelling. It was so messy. Every time a color appeared, it would dart back into oblivion. The yelling and screaming just made her mind orange and messy.

Eventually her dad went backs downstairs and Alex stood up. She retreated to the bathroom and locked the door, then turned on the shower. She sat on the floor just listening to the running water. It was very pastel purple. She loved it.

Alex was listening to the flowing water when a buzz I g started in her left ear. It was soft, calming almost. But then it spread to her right ear. And the buzzing grew louder until it wasn't a buzzing. It was a whisper. Them the whisper evolved into a scream. A staticky voice, screaming out colors. Alex gripped her hair in an attempt to make the voices stop. But they wouldn't.

Then the voice said something different.

In the middle of the colorful whispers, Alex heard the word die.
Nothing more.
Just die.

And then again, Alex heard different words.
Guilt. Cat. Die. Gone.

Do it.

Alex knew what it wanted.
It wanted her dead.
And right now, Alex also wanted nothing more than to be dead.

Trigger warning

Alex opened the cabinet above the sink and pulled out a brand new razor. She carefully popped off the plastic covering with no trouble. Then, she pulled out a metal blade and just studied it. Nothing else but study it. She could leave right now.
She wanted to.
But she didn't.
Because she had three frens.
They loved her.
And she loved them.

But Alex was barely holding on.
When she stepped into the shower, the gentle flow of water stung, and a river of red drained through the pipes.