12

Alex had agreed to see a psychologist. She didn't see why she had to, though. She was already diagnosed with schizophrenia, depression, and synesthesia. Why does she have to go and prove this further?

The office was quaint and cozy. Calming, even. The doctor walked in giving Alex a friendly smile. He said his name was John.

"So, Alex, I want to know if you've, um... Seen any of you're 'frens' lately."
Alex looked at the ground, not wanting to face the truth. It had been a week since her concussion.
A week since she'd seen any of her frens.

The girl sighed and looked at John."I know what happened, and I don't need you to sugarcoat it for me. The concussion did enough damage to my brain where I no longer have hallucinations." A tear rolled down her cheek before she continued.

"All of them- Tyler, Josh, Brendon- they're all gone."

John was green-grey. "Yes, it seems the concussion did affect your brain to the point where you don't hallucinate. We don't know how this happened, but it really is a medical miracle.

Alex scoffed. "Some miracle. The only people who have cared about me, and now they're gone!" Alex's voiced got dangerously louder. "They're all gone, they all leave!"
The girl let out a sob before curling up in her chair.

She really was alone.