six.

(I'm gonna start putting quotes at the beginning of each chapter that relate to the chapter :D)

"Three can keep a secret if two of them are dead." -Benjamin Franklin

Liam's POV

I put my arm around Joyce and my phone dinged. She sighed and said "Answer it." Getting from the couch to refill popcorn, I extracted my phone from my pocket.

It was a text from Harry, which was weird because we don't talk to each other.

"Connor's not dead." It read. I rolled my eyes. Harry is an idiot. He'll find any excuse to become friends again and find Allison's whereabouts. I ignored it and Joyce came back, I quickly put my phone in my pocket. She was the last person who needed to know Harry was texting me bullshit.

"Who was it?" She asked, sitting back down, pointing the wii remote at the red Netflix screen.

"Checking account update." I mumbled.

Nodding, she resumed American Horror Story.

"Did you hear Ed's having another open mic? It's tomorrow night."

And Harry better not come this time.

"Hey, did you know that MC girl who kept looking at you? What was her name? Debbie?"

"Jesy." I said a little too quickly.

"Yeah, yeah. Do you two know each other?"

I see how much Connor updated his sisters on his private life while he was with us.

"We crossed paths when I lived in England," I said, hoping the conversation would end there.

"You never told me about your life in England. I mean, that's where you grew up right? Tell me how you met Henry and Ed! My sister liked his music, yknow. You think he would be good for her?"

I sighed. "Babe, I think Tate and his relationship with Violet's mom is a bit more interesting than my life in England." Not bothering to correct Henry to Harry and that she and Ed would never work. She didn't need to know.

"Yeah, but I want to know!" She looked at me and I met her stunning blue eyes.

We met at Connor's funeral.

She didn't know about that night, or that I was there.

I intend to keep it that way.

Once we started dating, and I officially moved here for work, I gave up that life for good.

And I'm so lucky to have her.

"Alright, love." I tapped her nose with my forefinger and readjusted her in my arms while she smiled. I can't resist that smile.

"Let's see...I grew up in a very small town. I was unusually wealthy, my mum co-owns a clothing line. But I really didn't have any friends until I went to sixth form uni." I didn't mention Harry, hoping she wouldn't ask. She didn't.

"Where you met my brother and Ed? And Debbie?"

"Jesy," I corrected. "And yes."

"Oooh. Would you like to learn more about me?" I took her hand and began playing with it.

"Of course."

"Hmm. I'm the oldest, Connor is the middle child, and Elena is the youngest. We grew up with some really weird parents. I mean, they were alright, loved us and everything. But they're vegan hippie kinda, they legally changed their names to Nebula and Adonis."

I hid a laugh while she continued.

"When I was twenty, Elena was seventeen and he was eighteen, Connor left to study abroad in England for a year. He never really kept in touch though, mainly because we still lived with our psycho parents. I never really heard from him until they found him." She stopped there and I held her.

"The anniversary is coming up. September 23rd." I kissed her cheek and rocked her back and forth for a while, until my pocket buzzed again. Jesus.

"You can check it, I'm fine."

I fished my phone out of my pocket and the name that appeared on the screen was one that I hadn't seen in ages.

Why?

The sender was supposed to be dead, that's why.

"You should listen to Harry more often! I see you've shacked up with one of my sisters as well! Don't hurt her, or I'll tell. Would Sophia be happy about that? (:"

My skin went pale and I felt sick to my stomach suddenly.

Fuck no. No. No. No.