nineteen.

"To read between the lines of a short message brings along a new sense of enjoyment."-Anonymous.

Elena's POV

"Paparazzi are crazy!" I breathed, out of breath and laughing.

"I'm sorry for the flashes, did they scare you?" Luke looked at me with eyes but I shrugged gleefully meeting his gaze.

"It's just like the raves I used to go to. Flashing lights, frantic people, it's all good!" I grinned.

"Raves?" Luke raised an eyebrow, doing the lip ring act I'm convinced he's obsessed with. He looked so sexy I could only half smile in awe.

"I thought you were a good girl, Ms. Collins,"

"You'd be surprised to find that all good girls are bad girls underneath," I smirked.

Luke returned my awe-filled half smile. And I loved it. Until his expression changed dramatically, looking past me.

"It's that guy again," he said in a low voice.

My face twisted in confusion.

"What guy?"

I began to say as I turned around.

Oh my god.

That guy.

I sighed deeply.

He was looming over my tiny gold Suzuki with a bare expression on his face.

"Do you want me to move this thing?" He asked.

"You barely drove here," I rolled my eyes looking back at him.

He grinned and stopped when I guess Harry shot him a death glare.

"Elena." I heard through the glass. I closed my eyes and exhaled. Why won't he leave me alone?

"You should handle this," Luke said suddenly. I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned back to look at him, pleading silently not to leave me.

"I'll be right inside, someone's gotta pay for our trampolines!" He grinned. He gave me a quick kiss on the cheek and I didn't register much after that, until Harry entered the car and Luke was no where to be seen.

"What the hell was that?" His sudden harsh tone jolted me back to reality.

"Harry, I'm allowed to see other people." I rolled my eyes.

"Don't," he replied simply.

What the hell?

"Sorry to disappoint you, but I am. I'm young and it's summer, I can have fun," I retaliated.

"Still don't," he repeated himself.

"Okay, I'm leaving now-" I said, beginning to turn around.

"No!" He said before taking hold of my chin and forcing it close to his.

Our breaths were moving at the same quickening pace, his eyes distracted on something other than me.

"What are you hiding?" I whispered shakily.

"Everything of your concern," he whispered back.

Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, his focus shifted towards me and I heard a car drive away. I felt my stomach drop and tighten like I just did an ab workout.

"Was that who I think it is?" I mustered when Harry let go of my chin.

He nodded and I shook my head.