ten.

"Haven't you heard? I'm the crazy bitch around here."- Blair Waldorf (Gossip Girl)

Harry's POV

Allison's arrival kept me up all night.

So did her screaming.

God, I forgot how loud she was.

Ed had been kind enough to offer to get my car vacuumed.

But really, I think he just wanted to drive a Porsche around.

Even if it was covered in fornication.

For some reason, I felt sick to my stomach at the thought of double crossing Elena.

Even though she's not my "lady", as Ed would say.

I'm really bad at this "dating" thing.

I guess it started with Taylor.

God, was she something.

My first American.

Guess I have a thing for birds with accents.

Blond hair and blue eyes that make you want to live in them forever.

Lets just say our story was enough to make me stop treating girls like princesses.

They'll use their throne to turn you into a peasant.

It's not worth it.

And especially don't tell them anything personal. At all.

Ed came back at around one thirty, and I knew damn well that a car cleansing did not take the two hours he was out.

"Went grocery shopping," he said, arms full of bags.

Yeah, but with who's money?

At least I didn't have to get up.

He was putting groceries away when I put boxers on and decided to leave my messy brick lined room.

Our house was too big for two people.

But I hate having too much money.

It's like my mum sends me half of what she make off of that damn clothing line she runs with Liam's mum.

I wonder if he still tells people we met at sixth form.

"There's only one girl I know who leaves handprints," Ed commented casually as I strolled into the kitchen.

"Yeah, well she's a nice shag." I mumbled.

"Especially since you have a girlfriend?" He said without turning.

"Fuck off," I grunted.

"Not my fault you can't commit." He shrugged.

"We're not even dating."

He laughed. "You were doing fine for a day. Literally a day. You can't last a day without cheating."

"I made it two weeks with Allison, and we're not dating!" I pressed again.

"You never cheated on Taylor."

"You know we don't talk about her." I snarled.

Ed sighed.

"I never liked Allison, but this girl has you feeling different and you can't deny that."

I'm ready to kick him out for reading my mind so well. We've been like this since birth. It's uncomfortable.

"I honestly can't explain it, she asks too many questions, but I want to keep her around," I admitted.

"Then write it." He grinned, turning around to face me.

I groaned.

"Ed, not everyone can write songs as well as you can for fun." I said, folding my arms over my bare chest.

"Yeah, well you have the body and acceptable post-sex hair. I..." He said, leaving the kitchen and going into his room, "...have my guitar." I went to sit on the couch and he followed me, persistent as hell.

"Go on, play something," he urged, blue eyes shining like a little boy.

"No," I said, crossing my own arms like a little boy.

"Alright, how does it feel when you're with Elena?" He asked, blue eyes ready to be Dr. Phil. He went from she eight to eighty.

"I don't have feelings." I responded dryly.

"Do you even care at all? Even when the people talk?" He asked.

"No, I don't. I don't care what people say when we're together, that's so annoying. But I want..."

"Mmhmm?"

"I want to be happy for once, instead of deal with this shitty life. I want to see fire with her. I want to change the past."

Ed was strumming something on that damned instrument.

"I don't care what people say when we're together," he sang.

"You know I want to be the one to hold you when you sleep."

Did he just make a song of me talking?

"Ed, sometimes you amaze me." I said monotonously.

"Hey, wait." He started smacking the thing, I thought he was going to break it and I felt my face scrunch up.

"We're-on-fire, we're-on-fire, we're-on-fire now." He smacked the face in between beats. He was interrupted only by his phone wailing a cat's meow. He put the guitar down and went to answer it. When he went into his room and closed the door behind it, I found myself humming that "fire" bit.

Damn, that's catchy.

Soon I picked up the guitar.

"Baby, be with me so happily," I strummed.

"I just want it to be you and I forever..."

Ed's bedroom door slammed open from down the hall of our one-story house.

"Allison met Elena," he breathed, almost laughing from the end of the hallway.

"What?!" I roared.

"Is he mad? Oh please don't be mad!"

I heard Allison's voice from Ed's left hand, where he was holding his phone.

I lunged for Ed's phone and he gave it to me.

"Why the fuck did you go back there? I told you not to! What is it with girls and not listening?" I yelled. Ed backed away and went to go play with his dumb cat.

"How was I supposed to know you don't live there?!" She cried.

"I just wanted to talk." She added.

"We did plenty of talking last night," I huffed.

"Not enough." She said in her annoyed voice.

"I've run out of condoms, sorry." I snapped.

"Good thing I don't want sex from you, pig!" She yelled.

"That's not what you said last night! 'Best I've ever had', isn't that what you said?!"

"Harry don't act like you don't know who she is!!" Allison cried.

"Don't act like you do!" I countered, hanging up. I grabbed my car keys off the table and slammed the door behind me, fumbling with my phone. I got into the car and found the number I was looking for.

"So your two worlds collided, did they?" The American accent bled through the phone when he picked up.

"Connor, you really don't want to test me." I growled, en route to Elena's.

"And you should know the hell hath no fury like a dead man scorned." He cooly replied.

"You don't scare me," I said, frightened.

"That's your own fault." He said.

"Not everyone is a British Gentleman. And you're on my turf now, Styles. Let's play."

"I've already started." I said, hanging up.