Chapter 10: Unconditionally

Here is chapter 10!!!! There will be no feels this chapter!!! Yay for you guys, no for me. I love the feels I create! Anywho, on to the chapter!

DISCLAIMER: I DON’T OWN ANYTHING FROM PJO/HOO OR ANY SONG LYRICS USED BELOW!!!!!!

Song choice: Unconditionally by Katy Perry

Reyna’s POV

The day was perfect. Leo and I sat on the hill, on the grass watching the clouds pass. Earlier before this, the whole camp got invites to the first annual Olympus Crown Ball. All of us were allowed to go, with or without dates. Leo was debating with himself if he should go or not. “You’re going, Leo. I don’t want to go alone.” I pleaded. I gave him the puppy dog eye trick, he fell for it just like that. I laughed when he said he would.

Oh no, did I get too close?

Oh, did I almost see

What’s really on the inside?

“Do you really want to go?” Leo asked. I nodded. “I really don’t want to wear the tuxes though.” “You kinda have to, Leo.” “I don’t have to.” “You have to if you don’t want my mother to slap you if she sees you with jeans and sneakers.” “She would really do that?” “Yup.” “I’ll make sure to wear a tux then.” I laughed.

All you insecurities

All the dirty laundry

Never made me blink one time

The night of the ball, I wore a long purple glitter dress with solid black heels, courtesy of Aphrodite. Leo wore a simple white tux. Of course, he just stared at me when he saw me. “You, look…wow, uh…you look…” He stuttered. I just laughed and took his hand. When we entered the ballroom, we both stood in awe at how wonderful the room looked. Annabeth saw us and smiled.  “You like all the architecture I did?” Annabeth said, flattering herself. “How were you able to do this?” I asked. “Everyone requested I do the architecture on the ballroom and the Gods allowed. The Aphrodite cabin did all of the decorations.” Annabeth explained. Leo just stood like a dummy, so I had to slap his arm to tell him wake up. “Oh, sorry.” Leo said simply. Annabeth sighed. “I have such a way with people. Go  have fun!” She said.

Unconditional

Unconditionally

I will love you unconditionally

There is no fear now, let go and just be free

I will love you, Unconditionally

I noticed that at a certain time during the dance, Leo would be looking somewhere else. Towards a group of guys in the corner, talking and laughing everytime they looked at Leo.  “Is everything ok, Leo?” I asked when I joined him back when I left to talk to Hazel. “Yeah everything’s just fine.” He said. The guys were still talking about him, and with the anger that I could see, he burned his cup, and they immediately turned the opposite direction. What was going on with him?

Come just as you are to me

Don’t need apologies

Know that you are worthy

I’ll take your bad days with your good

Walk through the storm, I would

Annabeth announced a couples dance, so Leo and I went out on the floor to dance. “I’m not very good at this so I apologize in advance.” Leo says. I laugh. “Same for me.” I say. The song Unconditionally came on. “I love this song.” I say as Leo spins me on the floor in unison with the other guys. “Leo, what’s really going on?” I ask concerned. Leo sighs heavily, knowing that he doesn’t want to talk about it. “There were these guys earlier. They kept saying to each other ‘Leo and Reyna are a terrible couple.’ ‘I bet she’ll dump him at the ball’ ‘They shouldn’t have gone out in the first place’ It was really making me mad. So, I kept trying to hide my anger, until Percy saw me stab a couch with my sword and you saw me burn a cup in my hand. I really didn’t want to say anything, knowing it might ruin this night for you.” Leo said. I just held my head down until Leo spoke again.  “Reyna?” “Yeah?” “Would you still love me if something were to happen?” I looked up at him in confusion. “What are you talking about?” “Like, if all of my insecurities get the better of me, my anger gets too uncontrollable, if we were to get in a fight or something bad like that. Would you still love me?” Leo said, waiting for an answer. I searched his eyes for something to say that he was just joking, but those guys really got in his mind. I need to tell him that it’s a lie, everything they’re saying.

I do it all because I love you

“Leo, I would die for you. Of course I would still love you. Every second of the day, everytime my heart beats. I will love you, unconditionally.” I said as I lean up to kiss him.

I love you!

Unconditional

Unconditionally

I will love you, unconditionally

There is no fear now, let go and just be free

I will love you

Unconditionally.

All around us, Fireworks went off. But we never looked up. We stayed where we were, to show everyone that we were happy together, that nothing would break us apart.

So open up your heart and just let it begin

Open up your heart and just let it begin

Open up your heart and let it begin

Open up your heart

Acceptance is the key

To truly be free

Will you do the same for me?

I hugged Leo as we watched the fireworks. Then the unimaginable happened. The smoke alarm went off, and everyone got drenched in water. Annabeth screamed while getting soaking wet. “PERCY JACKSON!!!!!!!” She screamed at the top of her lungs. We all just laughed while making our way outside.

Unconditional

Unconditionally

I will love you, unconditionally

There is no fear now

Let go and just be free

I will love you, unconditionally

Oh yeah!

I will love you

Unconditionally

I will love you

I will love you

Unconditionally

All the way, Leo wouldn’t stop smiling. “Why are you so happy?” “Just because.” “Just because of who?” “You.” He said. I blushed. Leo mumbled something I couldn’t hear. “What did you say?” I asked. “I said I love you too. I honestly don’t know why I was doubting that all along.” He said, sounding sorry for himself. “It’s ok.” I say simply, but Leo wasn’t buying it. I stopped him where he was. “Leo, it’s ok. If I did the same thing you would say it’s ok. Just stop thinking that everything is your fault because nothing is ever your fault.” I said. He kissed me. I smiled. “What was that for?” “For being such a good girlfriend and having a kind heart.” He said. I hugged him. “Race ya?” “Sure!” “Hey no fair!” “You did this last time too!” He shouted.

I love Leo, and he loves me back.  We bring each other up through bad times. What are lovers for?

Well that ends chapter 10 y’all! Hope you enjoyed and please share my story with other people, I would love to have some more readers! And as soon as I finish this story, I will be posting another story, non-PJO related, non-fandom related, but drama filled. I don’t know the title, or character names, but when I have them I will always have them in author’s notes!! So keep a look out!!-DaughterofPoseidon35